Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm planning on getting rims soon and I found a greattt deal on a set of 20x8.5 rims with a high offset but the deal would come with 255/35/20 tires. Is that going to be ok for the CTS or do you think that will rub? I'd rather keep those tires on but if there is going to be alot of rubbing, I'll sell those tires and buy new ones, but like I said, I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
I'm at 235/35/20R... stock height... with no issues.

My offset is 42mm... do you know what your offset is?

I have no clue, but I would think that you'd have some rubbing with 255's... only because I went to Discount Tire and mentioned that I wanted 245's and they recommended 235's.

But there's only one way to find out.. mount em up and drive slow in circles and report back !!

If your offset is really high you might make your CTS look like a roller skate!

Good Luck. :)

·
Registered
Cadillac
156 Posts
i got rims for a sick deal but my back tires rub when i put any weight in my back seat.
the tires are 245's in the front and 255's in the back.
The front is fine but the back ones are a headache.
BUT, the rims i got are the wrong offset for my car, so thats more important than the tire size.

also, if u try em and drive slow you wont tell if they dont fit, until u go over some bumps with either some people in the back or some weight in ur trunk.

man until i get my fenders rolled (which i really dont wanna do) i gotta roll with just one persn in the front and thats it and drive nice, nothin too fast just incase.
its kind of a bitch but i do look gangsta though lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts