Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the % of the rear windows, from factory?
Is there different material for the tint, so which kind or brand is good for front windows??

which % should i get, i dont want cops bothering me, I am in upstate NY!!

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,353 Posts
It's in the 20% range, you can get close with aftermarket tints, you have a choice of a little lighter or a little darker, I went with slightly lighter 25% and it matches very well, I spend a lot of time in upstate NY and have never had a problem with the police. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
I got 15% on the back & 5% on the front.... if you want them really dark. Im pretty sure that the back is 20% from the factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,584 Posts
I think its 20%. I have 5% all around and had never had a problem with cops untill last week. I got 2 tickets in the same week for the tint on my Caddy, oh and 1 last month in my wifes vehicle.:nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
I just had my 2 front windows done Driver and pass side, I told the tint guy to match them to the rest of the ESV. I asked what % the others were he told me 15%. He matched them up and they look good. No problems with cops in Seattle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
Sinisterj said:
I got 15% on the back & 5% on the front.... if you want them really dark. Im pretty sure that the back is 20% from the factory.
why would you tint the fronts darker than the rear? Doesn't that look odd? Why not just do 5% all around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Spittin Game said:
why would you tint the fronts darker than the rear? Doesn't that look odd? Why not just do 5% all around.
I'm pretty sure 15% over 20% works out to around 5%. That way the front matches the back.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Spittin Game said:
why would you tint the fronts darker than the rear? Doesn't that look odd? Why not just do 5% all around.
Because it makes the front 5% match close to the back.... actually the back is a little darker than the front even with 5% on the front.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
lower light visibility doesnt necesarily mean darker ... if you go to a really good tint place they should be able to color match 25% and 20% anything with a 5%-10% range ..... i got 5% in the back and just 15% in the front .... but he colormatched looks perfect .... either way the back is 20% for sure .... i doubt it 22% cuz i havent heard about increments of 2% unless you get 2% tint .... and its not 25% ... so id say 20%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
yeah i thinks its 20% i got 0% all around my caddi but for having them like that ur looking at a guy that has had more then 10 tickets only for tints jajaja but hey im not gonna take em off i already got used to them even tho i dont see that much to the outside and next week im putting the 50% on the whole front window and on the top a 5 inch 5% bar so it wont look obvious i have the whole window tint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
u know whats the good thing about living on the border of mexico that u go over there and u tint the whole vechile for 50 $ and to say the truth for me they do a better job then over here and its not an ugly tint paper but no its not a good price becuz its almost always 40 for both windows
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top