Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i was looking for some good adjustable shocks for my DeVille, but i cant find any. So i was wondering if other shocks that wouldnt be listed as for a DeVille would work. I would like to get some KYB adj shocks but they dont have any listed for a 90 Deville. Also what about coil-overs, could i get a set of those on my car? I bet it all sounds dumb but hey, to each his own.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dont think there is a coilover out there for your application. Maybe an airbag setup could be a better pick?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I highly doubt you will find any adjustable shocks. If you want adjustibility, then your best bet is airbags, though not cheap when done right.

You may check and see if monroe has a set. I know monroe does them because my grandpa has a set for an old crown victoria.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i was thinking about bagging it, but i dunno anything about them other than air makes them go up and down, got any sites with info on them?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I dont have any information about that, but try doing an internet search.

Did you try monroe?? www.monroe-shocks.com (i think)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Just go there and ask for a quote. They'll tell you what can fit your car and not, because not all of them will fit your car. Getting your hopes up for just one may not be good.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i found the sport shock after going through all the pick your year make/model stuff, so they should fit. i think discount auto around here sells monroe stocks so i'll ask them too.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I would definitely go monroe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Adj. shocks.

Good luck finding adj. shocks or coilovers. Bilstein and KYB DO make pretty nice shocks for the 90 Deville although not adj. My shop carries a full line if you want a good deal, email me, [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
DeVillish said:
Ok, i was looking for some good adjustable shocks for my DeVille, but i cant find any. So i was wondering if other shocks that wouldnt be listed as for a DeVille would work. I would like to get some KYB adj shocks but they dont have any listed for a 90 Deville. Also what about coil-overs, could i get a set of those on my car? I bet it all sounds dumb but hey, to each his own.
Yes you can get them.

You can get them with adjustable inserts for your stock struts so you can have adjustable passive struts with stock spring mounts.

You can also get coilovers with adjustable height.

Ty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
speedyguy