Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an Escalade about a week ago and have noticed a light clunking sound as the truck gears down into 1st gear. I notice it every time I slow down enough for it to shift back into 1st or whenever I stop. It is not a super lound clunking but is noticeable. My last truck was a 2001 Denali and in that truck the gear changing was undetactable.

Is this normal for an Escalade? Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
skaha said:
I just got an Escalade about a week ago and have noticed a light clunking sound as the truck gears down into 1st gear. I notice it every time I slow down enough for it to shift back into 1st or whenever I stop. It is not a super lound clunking but is noticeable. My last truck was a 2001 Denali and in that truck the gear changing was undetactable.

Is this normal for an Escalade? Has anyone else noticed this?

I had this happen to me, just take it back to the dealer and they will fix it pretty easily.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have been in a few Escalades that clunk when slowing down and the truck drops into first, I have changed the trans and transfer case fluid and get no clunk at all

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I have an appointment to get the truck looked at tommorrow.... I'll post the results.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I'm happy to report that the clunking is gone. I took the truck in and they said that there was an update for the truck's computer for that problem (like a software patch). They did that and now everything is A OK.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2003 Escalade. There was also a computer update for a flicker in the dash lights caused by the Stabilitrack that they installed at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts