Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering, I have the analog gauge cluster in my car...the digital gauges were optional, not my analog speedo is elecrtical...no cable.

Now when I was at the junk yard to get a few things, one of them was a new (analog) gauge cluster, mostly becuase my lens cover was all stained (I kept my cluster but switched out the lens) In one of the wrecked cars there was the digital cluster....

....I was wondering is the digital cluster swapable with the analog one? do they both take the same harness? I think it would work, but don't want to spend the money, then have it not work......

....at least I woudln't have an 85mph limit on the speedo :D

on a side note, I was on the thru-way, I was moving with traffic, my main analog speedo said I was doing 75, so I got bored and put the car in diagnostic mode and went to speedo mode....... the main speedo said 75 but yet the digital readout said 80......

Anyway, is it a stright out swap?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Night Wolf said:
I was wondering, I have the analog gauge cluster in my car...the digital gauges were optional, not my analog speedo is elecrtical...no cable.

Now when I was at the junk yard to get a few things, one of them was a new (analog) gauge cluster, mostly becuase my lens cover was all stained (I kept my cluster but switched out the lens) In one of the wrecked cars there was the digital cluster....

....I was wondering is the digital cluster swapable with the analog one? do they both take the same harness? I think it would work, but don't want to spend the money, then have it not work......

....at least I woudln't have an 85mph limit on the speedo :D

on a side note, I was on the thru-way, I was moving with traffic, my main analog speedo said I was doing 75, so I got bored and put the car in diagnostic mode and went to speedo mode....... the main speedo said 75 but yet the digital readout said 80......

Anyway, is it a stright out swap?
How bout lsiting your ownership in your profile first. We dont even know what year or model you drive!

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1993 DeVille....

....sorry I havn't put that in there yet, I used to be known as Panther...been here a while actually, but things got mixed up with the names and stuff, and I never got around to getting everything back..... I should get an avatar going also....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Night Wolf