Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CT6 3.6L Platinum
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like I've read a lot of posts in this section, as well as in other subforums, about dash delamination. I'm fortunate (fingers-crossed) that I don't have that, yet I have seen pictures of other's bubbles and problems. For those that have had this problem, did you use a windshield screen when not in your car? I have the silver/black Weathertech screen and I religiously use it. Does that help??

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
465 Posts
My platinum sat on the lot for 9 months and was coming apart when I bought it with 76 miles on it two weeks ago. Dealer replaced dash today under warranty. For the future I have 70% windshield tint that blocks 98% of ir and I use solar guard windshield cover when parked for hours in Texas heat. Solar guard is amazing in Texas. FrostGuard® Signature Sun

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
104 Posts
My 2019 Platinum had this problem. The leather laminate started pulling away at the window edges on the passenger side of the dash.

That was only about 10 months from the date of build. Most of that time was through the cooler season months here in Virginia. The vehicle is 100% garaged, and I do not leave it out in the driveway during the day. I am retired so it does not sit out in the open every day in a business parking lot etc., only for about 5 hours on some days when I play golf. No long out-of-state trips were taken during that time where it would not be protected.

That said I do not have tinting nor do I use a windshield guard.

The dash was replaced at the time under warranty. I was concerned that would affect some other things, but all is perfect other than a very slight difference in the shade of color (light cashmere interior). This is 8 months later with no signs of a problem.

Hopefully this will not be a recurring issue later on... I worry about the availability of parts.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
465 Posts
That's the exact same location as was my 2019 platinum and I have the light cashmere interior too. Was like that when I bought it new on on the lot but like I said they had it since January sitting on lot in the sun until oct when I picked it up so also 10 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts