Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tommorow I will be receiving my Brand New 2006 White Diamond CTS W/Cashmere Interior, I would like to know what products you guys use to clean you CTS's clean both Inside and Out, because As you can Tell It is a Light Colored Car and I wil have to clean it alot, I just want to know what is best and what won't mess it up because Car Wash Leaves Scratches, Thanks Alot for any Info At All.

·
Registered
93 Allante, 06 CTS
723 Posts
I use Mothers -- everything.

California Gold Car Wash
California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer
California Gold Original Formula Canauba Cleaner Wax
CALIFORNIA GOLD NATURAL FORMULA PURE CARNAUBA WAX
Mothers Power Ball

A good place to start if you are a novice detailer is http://www.detailguide.com/

have fun... and congrats on the new CTS.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
I use Meguiers for everything.

Their car wash.
Their gold class wax.
Their endurance tire gel.
Their leather cleaner/conditioner.

Simple Green under the hood.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
FSU_Noles said:
I use Mothers -- everything.

California Gold Car Wash
California Gold Showtime Instant Detailer
California Gold Original Formula Canauba Cleaner Wax
CALIFORNIA GOLD NATURAL FORMULA PURE CARNAUBA WAX
Mothers Power Ball

A good place to start if you are a novice detailer is http://www.detailguide.com/

have fun... and congrats on the new CTS.
Yo FSU_Noles, I thought I was the one who lived in California :)

·
Registered
CTS w/ sports suspension
43 Posts
I use Meguiers Nxt product line and a daily use of a car cover.

All Nxt products are easy to use and the results are fantastic.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
i ALWAYS wash my car myself at those do it yourself car washes, i do this once every week just to not let any build up occur. And before I use the foam crush, i will always pressure rinse the brush to remove anythign that might scratch my finish.

·
Registered
2005 CTS
214 Posts
I used Meguiars products exclusively for 15 years. They make good stuff. It's just that a natural wax will not last as long as a modern synthetic glaze.

When I bought my CTS, I switched to Klasse's All-in-one and sealant-glaze. A little tricky to put on (you WILL use too much), but the shine lasts for months. I waxed the car in June. The water still beads.

Don't allow anything but a clean cotton or microfiber cloth to touch your paint. Automatic carwashes in particular are a sure way to get scratches and marks.

If you like to feed your latent detailing addictions, visit autopia.org. Some of those guys are posessed :devil:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wash a Cadillac yourself? I take the car to a hand carwash. There are many around here and all I've used do a nice job. Figure $20 a shot after tip.

·
Registered
2004 CTS Sport
94 Posts
Irishtom said:
Wash a Cadillac yourself? I take the car to a hand carwash. There are many around here and all I've used do a nice job. Figure $20 a shot after tip.
That can add up to a tidy little sum in a years time.(washing weekly) I use a hand car wash in the winter months a lot. Once the weather warm up they don't see me again until Nov. I use only Meguires.

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Escalade, 2006 Cadillac CTS
171 Posts
ctsav8tr said:
I use the Mr. Clean carwash kit. The special rinse at the end leaves the cars spotless with no hand drying required.
You drive a CTS... what do you FLY?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Jon said:
I use Meguiers for everything.

Their car wash.
Their gold class wax.
Their endurance tire gel.
Their leather cleaner/conditioner.

Simple Green under the hood.
With Jon on this one, Meguier's for everything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
dwassenaar said:
I use Meguiers Nxt product line and a daily use of a car cover.

All Nxt products are easy to use and the results are fantastic.
I've used the NXT wax but it is a paaain to get off. Have you had the same problem?

Jon

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Try Turbomangt(Supporting Vendor), he has a detail company and I've been reading thru some of his stuff, he seems to know whats going on. I've used Zaino products and they really deepen the look of the paint, but only lasts a couple of months. I stil like it(smells great too). Adams products is another first liner. Turbomangt has his own reasonable priced products and he has pic's to see. Checkout his site it might be the most helpfull, other then the trial and error of buying and trying. Good Luck as allmost anything with continued vigilence will keep the ride looking nice.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
johnnybn said:
I've used the NXT wax but it is a paaain to get off. Have you had the same problem?

Jon
strange, it came off so easy for me...i really like that wax

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
584 Posts
I'm a big Meguiar's fan as well, they have a great forum, moderated by Meguiar's folks, and lots of before and after pictures: http://meguiarsonline.com/forums. A lot of folks use their NXT synthetic and top with #26 carnuba. For removing light scratches try Scratch-X, use small amounts and work in until it disappears, might take several applications but it works wonders.

Poke around there or over on autopia.org for lots of basic how-to tips on maintenance. Lots of folks on both those sites are pretty obsessed.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts