Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in Cadillacfaq.com, under "How do I add an Auxiliary input (for MP3, etc)?" it mentions the XM module. will this procedure work for a 2003? This was prior to the XM option on the CTS.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Actually I have the 03 that has the xm option. I have the bose+nav option. When I used the "hack" to get movies to play while in motion, it unlocked two xm tuner selections on my band tuner.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
You must have the DVD nav which was changed in late '03 model year (summer '02) with the black interior. I just installed the new GMPD100 XM tuner in my very early '03 (2/02 build date) with pewter interior and the CD ROM Nav. The dealer could not activate the 'digital radio tuner' option, since it isn't there (Bummed). XM didn't become a free flow option until the interior color change that summer. Time to search for a DVD Nav, so I can swap my pewter face plate.

If you don't already have XM, the mod on the FAQ won't work, since you need to splice into wires that obviously won't be there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Ody, that's what i thought. now - what would be the best way to hook up my Sirrius? please don't say FM modulator.

·
Registered
'04 Escalade EXT
352 Posts
Yes, use an fm modulator. But don't buy one of the cheap, crappy, wireless ones. spend the time and money and get a hardwired power one that connects directly into the antenna connection. This can all be hidden behind the dash and then just run the wire that connects to the tuner to where you are going to mount or place the sat radio.

·
Registered
466 Posts
BozzMan said:
thanks Ody, that's what i thought. now - what would be the best way to hook up my Sirrius? please don't say FM modulator.
:) Reed from www.cadillacfaq.com mentioned several weeks ago about a pending CTS aux input kit from a vendor. I had previously dealt with www.radiosandmore.com on their XM kit for the CTS. One of their guys, Mike, mention that "they" were working on an audio aux input kit for the CTS. Hang loose a couple of weeks and see what happens. I don't know if Reed has an update or not. Let's ask him, "Reed, any update on that pending aux input for the CTS?" :hmm:

By the way DanDan is the only one working on doing a "factory like" Sirius install on the Cadillacs. Sirius (Audiovox, JVC, etc) has a lot of "add-on" options that use wireless and wired FM modulators or direct connect via aux input.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
On the Euro CTS there is already a video + aux IN. I am just trying to figure out how it works. Haven't heard from Cadillac Europe yet...

But yeah, it IS possible.

·
FAQ is your Friend
CTS-V
3,987 Posts
ipod thread is in the cts-v section (and was linked in this forum as well).

I am testing it now, but NO xm support right now.

I am not sure if that will work on the 03 as I dont think that was XM ready. You need to have a radio that HAS the XM in order for the band to even appear (or I guess you can have the dealer enable the band)...

Reed

·
Registered
2003 CTS
6 Posts
70eldo said:
On the Euro CTS there is already a video + aux IN. I am just trying to figure out how it works. Haven't heard from Cadillac Europe yet...
The aux input is located in the storage compartment below the armrest on the Euro model. You can watch/listen to the aux source through the TV. I'm currently thinking about how I could listen to mp3s, I have two options. One is to use a portable mp3 player that has a proper display and large storage capacity. The other is to install a CD changer that connects to the factory FM antenna.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts