Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 STS 3.6L V6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Cadillacer!!

Can someone please tell me where the Neutral Safety Switch is at on the 2005 STS 3.6L. I am still having this issue with my car not starting it just blinks out then after about 30seconds goes in ACC mode. Then when I go to shut is off really quick "shift to park" appears and goes away:confused:, the car is in park. I have adjusted the linkage(i will play with it more.) Also just replaced my shifter, still cant get this beast going. I read on hear somewhere it could be the neutral safety switch. So I am going to try that next. Where is it located and what does it look like?(think i seen a pic on google. cant find position though.)

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac XTS, Former 09 STS and 07 CTS
222 Posts
make sure your shifter is tight and if not tighten because I had this issue and if you can start it any gear besides Park or Neutral than it is not the NSS.

·
Registered
2005 STS 3.6L V6
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. I will 'fully' tighten the shifter I didn't tighten it all the way because I didn't know if it would work or not. My car won't start in any gear. I will try it in few. Idk if anyone knows where that NSS is at lol I can't find the location no where online. Please tell me what you did to fix ur issue??

Thanks,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts