Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my previous post Elwesso mentioned that there was a way to keep low and high beams on together for additional light. In researching I found buried i a post the mention of KC HILITES quad beam conversion kit #6314. If anyone has used this or some other method I would sure appreciate hearing about your experience. My 94 Eldo runs too good for me to risk damage to the electronics for a little more light. I am wondering if the difference is worth the trouble. As I told Elwesso the 84 CoupeDeVille that I had a few years back with sealed beams threw a much better light pattern. Of course I wouldn't trade my new toy with its Northstar for the lights!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
84ENS said:
In my previous post Elwesso mentioned that there was a way to keep low and high beams on together for additional light. In researching I found buried i a post the mention of KC HILITES quad beam conversion kit #6314. If anyone has used this or some other method I would sure appreciate hearing about your experience. My 94 Eldo runs too good for me to risk damage to the electronics for a little more light. I am wondering if the difference is worth the trouble. As I told Elwesso the 84 CoupeDeVille that I had a few years back with sealed beams threw a much better light pattern. Of course I wouldn't trade my new toy with its Northstar for the lights!
That is a great idea ill start looking around the net for a way to do it. I hope its an easy job

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Does it say for the cadillac eldorado......?

If so, then there wont be any harm, since it was made for the car!!!!!! Just as long as its not drawing any more power........

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The kit includes a relay,a relay plug, wires, screws and tiewraps. Also has 60 inches of convoluted tube, I guess to shield wires. The web site is www.kchilites.com and when you click on accessories theres a list and the 6314 is there. It doesn't say specifically for Eldorado but says GM cars without the daytime running lights. Theres another one listed for post 2000 GMs. Elwesso would the relay, which shows in the installation instructions a wire going to the battery, be an excessive draw in your opinion?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Its always going to be more safe to go directly to the battery than go through the harnesses.......

I dont think your going to have a problem..... I remember seeing something where you splice the low beams into the highbeam circuit, so that the low beams still get power when the highs are on....... Doing it this way IMO is very unsafe........

This kit looks golden!!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
84ENS said:
The kit includes a relay,a relay plug, wires, screws and tiewraps. Also has 60 inches of convoluted tube, I guess to shield wires. The web site is www.kchilites.com and when you click on accessories theres a list and the 6314 is there. It doesn't say specifically for Eldorado but says GM cars without the daytime running lights. Theres another one listed for post 2000 GMs. Elwesso would the relay, which shows in the installation instructions a wire going to the battery, be an excessive draw in your opinion?
Why don't you up grade to HID lites instead of driving with Hi beams all the time. Haven't you ever driven when someone behind you has their hi beams on? Its quite annoying, isn't it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RickTheRuler727 said:
Why don't you up grade to HID lites instead of driving with Hi beams all the time. Haven't you ever driven when someone behind you has their hi beams on? Its quite annoying, isn't it?

With this kit it allows you to drive with low beams by themselves. You only have all four lights when using your high beams. You are right about the annoyance but thats not the case with this.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
elwesso said:
Its always going to be more safe to go directly to the battery than go through the harnesses.......

I dont think your going to have a problem..... I remember seeing something where you splice the low beams into the highbeam circuit, so that the low beams still get power when the highs are on....... Doing it this way IMO is very unsafe........

This kit looks golden!!!!!

In looking at the wiring diagram I see that the wire from one of the four posts of the relay is connected to the hot wire of the high beam,and one is connected to the hot wire of the low beam, both using scotchloks. One post goes to the battery and one post to ground. So when you switch to your high beams it activates the relay and allows the battery to power the low beams which at this point would normally be off.My question is what is the likelyhood running power to the hot wire of the normally off low beam could back into the system and cause a problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts