Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CST-V Sedan 6MT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been posts on here already, so not trying to play this off as "news," but I just wanted to let anyone on the fence know ... do it. I've been driving the long way home for 3-days now and can't get enough of that beautiful noise.

Shout out to my future brother-in-law who works at Lords Exhaust & Garage in Commerce, GA - it's kind of a haul from Atlanta, but he's dedicated to doing it right... and they're way more than competitive on the installation.

Back to the cut-outs, freakin' sweet. Loud without being silly, super-deep and throaty noise you can't argue with. There's a lot of popping on overrun/decel and some banging with abrupt lift... but it's all part of the show.

Wire the remote to your Homelink and it's such an easy install (minus the cutting/shaping/welding that's not part of the DIY process)... and you've got a super-easy way to renew the passion in your relationship w/ your V. Not that I fell out of love, but it's literally like I just bought the car again... fun. The looks you get from passers-by and folks in traffic are almost worth the price alone.

·
Registered
2014 MN6 OBM Vagon
16 Posts
I've been thinking of it myself, since I have a Vagon which limits my catback choices. I don't always want it loud, so cutouts seem like the perfect alternative. How do you wire it to the Homelink? I assume you are using 1 button to open, 1 to close?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
You kept your stock exhaust and installed the cutouts, correct?

Pictures!

·
Registered
'09 CST-V Sedan 6MT
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're pretty much the perfect solution if you're concerned about living w/ loud all the time... just run them closed when you need quiet (wife w/ a headache, late-night sneaking back to the house, boss calling you on the bluetooth)... or open and just ripping around. The wiring is pretty easy, you drill a hole in one of the drain plugs in our spare tire well, I used a little RTV over it when I was done to keep it water-tight... run the wires to the batter box in the trunk and get yourself the wireless adapter from QTP. It's a lot smaller than it looks online, so there's room directly next to the battery w/ a little double-sided tape to hold it in place. Just got through the Homelink programming process - one button open, another one for close.

Stock system, just weld on the cut-out tube and away you go, plus it's 1/2 price compared to most cat-back systems.

Got pics and a quick video attached... I didn't get a lot of shots of the cutouts after the welding but these are the tubes you put in place. The motors/butterfly valves just bolt to these face plates. And I didn't blur out my license plate, so don't go getting me arrested.

cutout 1.JPG cutout2.JPG

·
Registered
12 Wagon Hennessey 700, SB wheels, Corsa
160 Posts
I've been thinking of it myself, since I have a Vagon which limits my catback choices. I don't always want it loud, so cutouts seem like the perfect alternative. How do you wire it to the Homelink? I assume you are using 1 button to open, 1 to close?
Here is a shot of my QTP's on a 2012 Vagon, in front of my Corsa Sports. They fit perfectly, and make sure to install down turns, or you will melt the fasteners holding up the rear fascia. The remote is a small hand held keychain that has an Open button and a Clse button. It takes about 5 seconds or so.
Amazing sound, and lots of snap, crackle, pop. Gets peopels attention for sure.... that's a wagon?

QTPs.jpg

·
Registered
'14 OBM Vagon 6mt
105 Posts
Got more pics of the exhaust shields on the bumper...do they cover the inner edge as well? Also, is that the sedan app Corsa with 4" tips?

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Wagon OBM 6MT
54 Posts
Here is a shot of my QTP's on a 2012 Vagon, in front of my Corsa Sports. They fit perfectly, and make sure to install down turns, or you will melt the fasteners holding up the rear fascia. The remote is a small hand held keychain that has an Open button and a Clse button. It takes about 5 seconds or so.
Amazing sound, and lots of snap, crackle, pop. Gets peopels attention for sure.... that's a wagon?

View attachment 288129

I think you posted pics of your melted rear fascia as well, and now we see the protection on the tips.

I actually am riding the fence about these vs the DHM (which come with a four year warranty. I am NOT handy in the garage, but he mentioned that any muffler shop could easily install these, and a car stereo should should be able to wire up the rest.

Anyone have any problems/comments with either system?

Also, a little off topic, does anyone know what size tips fit on a stock exhaust, 2.5 or 3"?

·
Registered
CTS-V
17 Posts
That sounds fantastic. I'm seriously considering doing this mod as well. The wife won't let me get an aftermarket exhaust.

·
Registered
2012 CTSV Coupe, 1966 Chevelle
696 Posts
Trust fund wife.

Friend of mine got a Vette. Wife was paying. She picked the color and no manual allowed.

·
Registered
CTS-V
17 Posts
Ha, happy wife happy life as they say.

I already have a really loud car with a heads, cam, headers, full exhaust trans am. It'd be great to also have the option to turn on loud mode in the V at will.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,158 Posts
I find my Stainless Exhaust a little too loud. Wait, let me rephrase that. My wife finds my Stainless Exhaust too loud. I find nothing too loud. Maybe I could install a different muffler on the larger pipes of my Stainless Works system and also add the cut outs. This thread definitely has me thinking.

·
Registered
CTS V wagon
131 Posts

View attachment 288129
Love the look of those turn downs. What make are your cutouts and are the turndowns fabricated or came with the cutouts? I just put in qtp low pro cutouts. Love love love them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts