Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX, 2013 Cadillac ATS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone attempt to put a Qi charger in the hidden compartment in the dash of an ATS...similar to how the 2015s come with it installed? My Nexus 5 fits in there perfectly, snug. Would love to have Qi charging in there. Can't be too difficult.

BTW I saw the guy on eBay who if offering the cup holder cover with Qi charging and it looks cool. Just not sure how much the phone would move around since it is simply laying on the mat...and he offers no returns...so I'm not inclined to try his out.

Any other charging ideas out there?

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
Anyone attempt to put a Qi charger in the hidden compartment in the dash of an ATS...similar to how the 2015s come with it installed? My Nexus 5 fits in there perfectly, snug. Would love to have Qi charging in there. Can't be too difficult.

BTW I saw the guy on eBay who if offering the cup holder cover with Qi charging and it looks cool. Just not sure how much the phone would move around since it is simply laying on the mat...and he offers for returns...so I'm not inclined to try his out.

Any other charging ideas out there?
im that ebay guy. i dont expect u to take my word for it at all regarding the sliding around. but from what i know i think nexus 5 has a rounded back? like its not perfecty flat. so im not positive how well that will sit. i have a note edge and its flat on the back so i have no issues with the sliding at all.

·
Registered
2012 Cadillac SRX, 2013 Cadillac ATS
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. I like your product.

·
Registered
2019 XT4 Premium AWD Build 7/22/18 / 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build 12/21/2012
1,622 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I'm seriously thinking about pulling the trigger. I like your product.
Mark,

Don is extremely reputable and I think your risk of it sliding is minimal because its surface has a good grip.

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe MT
1,558 Posts
i know it says returns not accepted but thats just cuz i dont wanna deal with the hassle. ill do a return if u dont like it. just make it sooner than later lol. ive never done one so idk how it works. but first time for everything.

but that being said, keep in mind how ur phone sits when on a flat surface. does it rock alot? does it spin alot? now think of the surface being really grippy. it wont stop it from rocking if its really rounded. so up to you. either way hopefully u find a solution. good luck and thanks for the compliment lol.

glad u like the cover GJB!

·
Registered
2019 XT4
34 Posts
I have one of his cup holder covers without the charger. The surface is nice and grippy. A phone with a curved back might rock a little, but I doubt it will slide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts