Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I'm brand new here - and really hope that this forum turns out to be as wonderful and as helpul as some of the other car based forums I've been a member of...From the activity, I'm thinking it will.

We just purchased a 2002 Escalade out of repossession, and although the vehicle was a STEAL, there are some issues to be worked out.

First and foremost, the head unit of the bose sound system in the dash turns on, lights up, changes stations, etc.etc.etc...but there is NO, and I Mean NO noise from the speakers. No hisses, pops, crackles, music, NOTHING. This leads me to believe that it may be the Amp that has died, and although I'd love to check that theory, I have no idea where to find the Amp in this car! Can anyone offer any insight into my problem, or at least tell me how to get to/find the Amp in this truck?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide!
Ben

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome Ben!! Thanks for signing up!

I dont know about your amp problems....... On some models the amps are built into the speaker assy, but I dont know how this is setup......

You may just go through and check all your connections.... You never know, it could just be a missing connection on the back of the head unit......

·
Registered
9 Posts
PilotPTK;

I'm new to this forum and a new owner of a ESV. I've had it three weeks and it has been in the shop for a dead NAV/Stereo system. The DVD/Nav system powers up and I can see the onboard adjustments but there was no sound. The dealer has had it for 4 days and have it torn apart. There is one main amp located under the center console.

I'm curious as to what your problem was?

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
2002 Escalade? stereo doesn't work? I'd take it to the dealer, you've still got a warranty unless you've gone over on miles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Update:

The Bose amp was replaced today. The dealer gave me all the schematics that were used (copies).. I seen the old amp. Nice design for a plate amp with cooling fins. It's nice to have it back!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts