Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this interesting, a direct quote from my 1991 brochure:

Quality verified by Cadillac's round the clock durability testing. Independant research analyses and the unsurpassed achievement of 42 consecutive years of luxury leadership. From the sunbaked 49C (120F) desert runs to windchilled -37C (-35F) winter odyesseys, the Cadillac exclusive V8 engines have been tested in some of the toughest "real-world" conditions imaginable. And real-world results are encouraging, with state of the art fuel injectors and engine control computers, your Cadillac starts, hot or cold, the first 99.9% of the time.

Independant studies have shown GM engine and automatic transmission dependability are better than domestic manufacturers. In fact, Cadillac's quality is so enduring that Cadillac owners report fewer engine problems in the first year than Mercedes-Benz owners! Our air-conditioning systems are renouned for superior reliability-and overall. Cadillac has been the highest domestic nameplate in overall customer satisfaction for the past three years.

No other high-volume manufacturer approaches Cadillac in corrosion protection. Six coats of protectants, sealers, primers and paint cover the two-sided galvanized steel used for front-drive Cadillacs. (Seven steps on Allente). The zinc coating actually eliminates surface corrosion on the outside due to scratches, dings and chips.

During the construction itself, as many as 125 Perceptron laser beams probe into each Cadillac at more than 600 points, verifying the fits between panels meet Cadillac's-and more importantly, your expectations. We invite you to take a good close look at the 1991 Cadillacs. (JD Power, independant study)

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Thats interesting...... Good information........

·
Registered
60 Posts
Re:

Ralph said:
I found this interesting, a direct quote from my 1991 brochure:

Quality verified by Cadillac's round the clock durability testing. Independant research analyses and the unsurpassed achievement of 42 consecutive years of luxury leadership. From the sunbaked 49C (120F) desert runs to windchilled -37C (-35F) winter odyesseys, the Cadillac exclusive V8 engines have been tested in some of the toughest "real-world" conditions imaginable. And real-world results are encouraging, with state of the art fuel injectors and engine control computers, your Cadillac starts, hot or cold, the first 99.9% of the time.

Independant studies have shown GM engine and automatic transmission dependability are better than domestic manufacturers. In fact, Cadillac's quality is so enduring that Cadillac owners report fewer engine problems in the first year than Mercedes-Benz owners! Our air-conditioning systems are renouned for superior reliability-and overall. Cadillac has been the highest domestic nameplate in overall customer satisfaction for the past three years.

No other high-volume manufacturer approaches Cadillac in corrosion protection. Six coats of protectants, sealers, primers and paint cover the two-sided galvanized steel used for front-drive Cadillacs. (Seven steps on Allente). The zinc coating actually eliminates surface corrosion on the outside due to scratches, dings and chips.

During the construction itself, as many as 125 Perceptron laser beams probe into each Cadillac at more than 600 points, verifying the fits between panels meet Cadillac's-and more importantly, your expectations. We invite you to take a good close look at the 1991 Cadillacs. (JD Power, independant study)
I remember that year, Cadillac had one of their best model year sales ever in sometime.

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
How was 1993? how did the DeVille do? Coupe DeVille?

Also, why did Cadillac end the Coupe DeVille in '93? not enough sales? I always wondered that...atleast I get to say I have the last year for the Coupe DeVille

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Ralph