Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Sedan Deville
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, on my 1968 Deville I am now putting the rocker assembly (Is that what it's called?) back together after replacing the stem seals. Are there any secrets to putting it back together? Also, is there a way to make sure my pushrods are seated in the pocket correctly? I think they're seated pretty well but I did drop one (recovered) and want to make sure its in the correct position. What are the torque specs on the metal bar that holds the rocker arms in place?

·
Registered
95 FWB 81SDV 96 FWB 94 Fleetwood
1,564 Posts
To make sure that your pushrods are seated in your lifters do this... Remove the spark plugs... Get a 9/16-18 bolt to put in crankshaft to turn it over by hand.. Now if you don't have a pushrod in the lifter it will jam it and the valve will touch the piston.. So the thing to do is just put two pushrods in and turn it over by hand by the bolt in the crankshaft.. Now watch the valves move up and down.. If the valve is not in the lifter it will not move.. So turn it over slow and watch for the valve action.. Now do one cylinder at a time and watch for the valve action.. There could be a cork in the crankshaft to keep it clean..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts