Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I first want to say I just bought my caddy 2 months ago and I am very pleased with it! I decided to buy the V grill to put on my CTS and I am very glad I did. Got a lot of mixed answers to whether or not this fits on and how easy it is. For anyone that is contemplating this decision buy the grill. I am not mechanical inclined but it literally took me 25 minutes. The top 8 bigger compression pins come off easily with a flat head screw driver. The bottom ones are smaller and a little more tricky to take off but just do the same thing with the screw driver. The one key thing you need to know is putting the bottom 4 smaller screws back in are easiest by cutting the edges down dew to the different grill. Other than that, the grill fits the CTS exactly as it should. Any questions please ask

·
Registered
04' CTS 3.6L
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks buddy. I am sure you all know that by now but I called 4 dealerships telling me that I needed a new bumper to make it fit. I also read a couple blogs on here saying that it was not as easy as everyone says. I just wanted to reiterate the point that it is so easy....even a caveman can do it

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
you will soon learn the stealership dont always know what they are talking about...and keep the sense of humor, sometimes you need it around here

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
I first want to say I just bought my caddy 2 months ago and I am very pleased with it! I decided to buy the V grill to put on my CTS and I am very glad I did. Got a lot of mixed answers to whether or not this fits on and how easy it is. For anyone that is contemplating this decision buy the grill. I am not mechanical inclined but it literally took me 25 minutes. The top 8 bigger compression pins come off easily with a flat head screw driver. The bottom ones are smaller and a little more tricky to take off but just do the same thing with the screw driver. The one key thing you need to know is putting the bottom 4 smaller screws back in are easiest by cutting the edges down dew to the different grill. Other than that, the grill fits the CTS exactly as it should. Any questions please ask
boom: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-forum-2003-through-2007/136833-how-remove-grille.html

haha thanks buddy. I am sure you all know that by now but I called 4 dealerships telling me that I needed a new bumper to make it fit. I also read a couple blogs on here saying that it was not as easy as everyone says. I just wanted to reiterate the point that it is so easy....even a caveman can do it
You & the people you spoke with at the dealership may not have been on the same page. They may have thought you were talking about the lower grille insert, in which case the non-V CTS bumper would not accept the larger CTS-V lower grille.

:welcome:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts