Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using them as my autocross wheels. Hankook Z214 C50s... Great tires. I used to run R888s for autocross and track, but I think I'm going to use those for lapping only now.

Looks great, but I like my stockers better.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I love me some Accessory Wheels on the V. :drool:

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll trade you even for my stockers. I like yours better.
I already have 2 sets of stockers... One set with street tires and one set with R888s for lapping. I've always liked the accessory wheels; just not as much as the stockers. These were in great condition and were only $700 for the set so I couldn't resist.

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
looks great! i cant wait to try out the r888's

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
I got tired of mine after one summer. They got it right with the rims. Most aftermarket rims don't look as good as the stockers.

·
Registered
Cadillac
923 Posts
I already have 2 sets of stockers... One set with street tires and one set with R888s for lapping. I've always liked the accessory wheels; just not as much as the stockers. These were in great condition and were only $700 for the set so I couldn't resist.
Wanna sell that extra set with the Toyo's?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I love the accessory wheels. I just don't like the polished look. I would love to get a set and paint them a darkish silver.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Jon's got it right. Keep the ugly wheels for the events that take up the least amount of time...

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
How are you getting the tires/wheels to the track? Is that your tire trailer in the background? I dont see a hitch on the V??

·
Registered
Tis Gone :(
3,414 Posts
Chrome Stockers>Accessory Wheels>Stockers

Its indisputable so dont waste your breffs

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How are you getting the tires/wheels to the track? Is that your tire trailer in the background? I dont see a hitch on the V??
1 in the trunk, fold the back seat down and put 3 there. Big ass towels everywhere, tire bags, etc.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Your car always looks great, Jon.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
1 in the trunk, fold the back seat down and put 3 there. Big ass towels everywhere, tire bags, etc.
I find it easier to put all 4 tires in the back seat. Fold the smaller seat section down and you can wedge the 4 in there. That's with each in a tire bag and wrapped up with an old blanket. Then I put all my tools and supplies and luggage in the trunk.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,080 Posts
I love the accessory wheels. I just don't like the polished look. I would love to get a set and paint them a darkish silver.
Look who's got mod fever! :histeric:

I like 'em, Jon. I agree, though, the stockers look really good, too. Even with my lowly Mille Miglias (as ho-hum as they are), it's fun to change back and forth to break up the monotony occasionally.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your car always looks great, Jon.
:cool2:

I find it easier to put all 4 tires in the back seat. Fold the smaller seat section down and you can wedge the 4 in there. That's with each in a tire bag and wrapped up with an old blanket. Then I put all my tools and supplies and luggage in the trunk.
Wait, do ya have the seat folded down or no?

Look who's got mod fever! :histeric:

I like 'em, Jon. I agree, though, the stockers look really good, too. Even with my lowly Mille Miglias (as ho-hum as they are), it's fun to change back and forth to break up the monotony occasionally.

I had a set of Mille Miglias too! They were nice wheels. Had them mounted on Blizzaks but never ended up really using them except for storing my car in the winter. I ended up selling them earlier this year for the same price I bought them for 3 and a half years ago. :D

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
That's how I do it. I autocross my V regularly, and as my name suggests I run in E Street Prepared. For what it's worth I run Hoosiers on Team Dynamics rims.

What class do you run? If you ever want to talk setup, holler at me.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's how I do it. I autocross my V regularly, and as my name suggests I run in E Street Prepared. For what it's worth I run Hoosiers on Team Dynamics rims.

What class do you run? If you ever want to talk setup, holler at me.
Our classifications are probably a little different since I'm in Canada and we follow CASC classifications. I'm always in some sort of stock class.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts