Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Catera Sport 1998 Catera
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how difficult it is to add a bose system to a catera that did not come with one? I have a wrecked catera with bose, heated seats, all the bells and whistles, while I have purchased a catera that doesn't have the bose and heated seats and so one. How difficult would it be to swap in the upgraded equipment? Will I have to pull whole wiring harness or are they prewired? Anyone know?

·
Registered
2000 Catera and 14 previous Cadillacs, Mercedes E320 Cabrio
77 Posts
I've never tried it because my Catera has almost all the options, but in my experience most European cars especially the high line ones that like the Catera is based on are usually all pre-wired for the options. So a physical swap over should just be plug and play with the individual items. Look under the seat for an additional plug, that should be an instant tell tale.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check this weekend to see. I know my trunk is a whole lot bigger with out that bose bar in it. I was surprised.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did some looking the front and rear heated seat wiring was in place. I have to swap in the switches from donor car and a short section of plug and play wiring under the back seat. The bose wiring is not prewired. I didn't go through that trouble. Everything else seemed to unbolt and bolt back.

·
Registered
2000 Catera and 14 previous Cadillacs, Mercedes E320 Cabrio
77 Posts
At least you have all the parts you need if you feel more ambitious to tackle the Bose system!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts