Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up a set of CT6 18" takeoffs and swapped out the 20's. What a difference in ride and I feel much more relaxed on our pothole laden streets. I had driven a loaner with 19's and didn't feel much diff from the 20's, but these 2355018" Goodyear Eagle Sports are gliding like a dream. 1.4% diameter difference so no biggie.
The 15 spoke CT6 rims are very attractive and the tires have huge rim guard rubber on them.
One drawback, for some dumb reason Caddy changed the TPMS sensors on the CT6 and XT5 after using the same ones for years and they are not programmable to the XTS. Oh well, I'll worry about that later. Right now I'm on a Magic Carpet Ride.

edit: There's also a serious reduction in unsprung weight. The 20 inchers weight in at 59# while the 18's are 47.5 an 11 1/2 pound reduction per wheel/tire.

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium FWD 2020 CT5 Prem Lux 3.0tt
612 Posts
If you still have the 20 inch wheels cant you take the sensors off and put them on the 18 inch wheels. Valve hole should be the same right? Car and wheel look great by the way. I had a 13 with the white diamond tricoat that was a lease that I planned on buying. The paint had too many issues that didnt appear until I got it home in differrent lighting. How much did the ct6 wheels cost ?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$1100 including the $200 out of state shipping fee from an ebay vendor. They're new off a '17. I kind of put the cart before the horse because the dealer promised me new 20's due to the common "etching" problem, then I went an bought these thinking the sensors would work. Going to drive them as is for a while and if I decide to go with them permanent, I'll see if the dealer stands by his word with the 20's, (the OE Bridgestones still have over half the tread left) then sell them and pay for new sensors for the 18's. That's the current plan anyway.

·
Registered
2008 DTS Platinum. gone: 04 Deville, 76 Eldo conv, 74 Fltwd
239 Posts
But do the tires weigh more than the 20's?

I'm surprised a RWD wheel works on a FWD car. Didn't used to be the case.

IMO, a good looking car doesn't need huge, flashy wheels, and I'd rather have a more comfortable ride, too.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But do the tires weigh more than the 20's?

I'm surprised a RWD wheel works on a FWD car. Didn't used to be the case.

IMO, a good looking car doesn't need huge, flashy wheels, and I'd rather have a more comfortable ride, too.

The 20 inchers weigh in at 59# each while the 18's are 47.5 an 11 1/2 pound reduction per wheel/tire.

·
Registered
2015 XTS V Sport Platinum, 2006 DTS Luxury III
24 Posts
Thanks for your posting (see my 5/2/17 XTS post). Does anyone know whether the 2015 XTS vSport Platinum brake set-up is bigger than his 2013? All fitment guides I can find for smaller wheels (taller tires) show brake concerns. I'd love to go to 18" wheels with the 235/50-18 tires so I could "glide" like a Caddy is supposed to (and my '06 DTS still does)! Can anyone help? chiefleaf

·
Registered
xts, srx
159 Posts
Tire rack has a few 17 inch wheels and many 18 inch wheels that fit the XTS. I use 17 inch wheels for my snow tires on mine. The tires were what I used on my DTS with 17 inch wheels - same tire size as the xts.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tire rack has a few 17 inch wheels and many 18 inch wheels that fit the XTS. I use 17 inch wheels for my snow tires on mine. The tires were what I used on my DTS with 17 inch wheels - same tire size as the xts.
The barrel of some 17" wheels must be constructed (i.e. larger diameter) to clear the Brembo calipers then. Or else it must be a really tight squeeze. There is BARELY a 1/2" clearance with the 18" CT6 (aluminum?) wheels and if the balancing required a weight toward the outside it would be a no go. Are your 17's steel rims?

·
Registered
xts, srx
159 Posts
The barrel of some 17" wheels must be constructed (i.e. larger diameter) to clear the Brembo calipers then. Or else it must be a really tight squeeze. There is BARELY a 1/2" clearance with the 18" CT6 (aluminum?) wheels and if the balancing required a weight toward the outside it would be a no go. Are your 17's steel rims?
Gravity cast and they fit with plenty of room for weights. See for yourself.

https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?&autoMake=Cadillac&autoModel=XTS+3.6L+AWD&autoYear=2015&autoModClar=Luxury

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum
343 Posts
The post doesn't say what year the XTS Platinum is.
Does anyone know for certain if the 18" CT6 wheels will fit on a 2015 XTS Platinum?

Would like to know in case the wife bends any more rims.
TPMS is not an issue... I would buy the correct ones.

·
Registered
2016 XTS platinum plus
179 Posts
The post doesn't say what year the XTS Platinum is.
Does anyone know for certain if the 18" CT6 wheels will fit on a 2015 XTS Platinum?

Would like to know in case the wife bends any more rims.
TPMS is not an issue... I would buy the correct ones.
I went to Rock Auto and looked up the caliper # for my 16 Platinum and then a 2013 xts and the part # was the same. One could use this way to check for their car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I went to Rock Auto and looked up the caliper # for my 16 Platinum and then a 2013 xts and the part # was the same. One could use this way to check for their car.
Thanks.
If the brakes themselves never changed, then the wheels will fit, because rockit has done it.
Vogues actually look (and ride) better with taller sidewalls. More room for stripes!

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
998 Posts
I picked up a set of CT6 18" takeoffs and swapped out the 20's. What a difference in ride and I feel much more relaxed on our pothole laden streets. I had driven a loaner with 19's and didn't feel much diff from the 20's, but these 2355018" Goodyear Eagle Sports are gliding like a dream. 1.4% diameter difference so no biggie.
The 15 spoke CT6 rims are very attractive and the tires have huge rim guard rubber on them.
One drawback, for some dumb reason Caddy changed the TPMS sensors on the CT6 and XT5 after using the same ones for years and they are not programmable to the XTS. Oh well, I'll worry about that later. Right now I'm on a Magic Carpet Ride.

edit: There's also a serious reduction in unsprung weight. The 20 inchers weight in at 59# while the 18's are 47.5 an 11 1/2 pound reduction per wheel/tire.
First let me start out by saying that the wheels really look nice on you car.

Edited:
Sorry, I did not realize I was responding to an old post and did not mean to stir up a matter that has obviously been taken care of.

·
Registered
343 Posts
First let me start out by saying that the wheels really look nice on you car. It is really not recommend that you go no more than a +1 or -1 when changing from the OEM wheel set up on your car.
I plus more than one all the time.
I've done it myself on a '99 Tahoe... put 20's from a newer GMC on it.
You don't see people going minus, except for those silly tiny wheels that are spaced way out.
I'm just bolting 'em on and replacing the TPMS so it works.

I have no qualms about doing this, but they need to clear.
I did tell the wife to really watch out for the potholes so she doesn't mess up any more wheels.
I like the looks of them. I have no issues with the ride quality.
We'll see how the Vercellis perform. I really hope I do nothing!

·
Registered
343 Posts

·
Registered
2019 XTS Prem Lux AWD Phantom Gray/Ebony traded 2017 CT6 Prem Lux AWD Stellar Blk
998 Posts
Once again I was thinking of changing my 20" to 19". Under the circumstances I just can't seem to justify giving up more of my money for what I consider Cadillac's poor choice. Perhaps when a wheel is damaged and needs to be replaced I may revisit this thought.

·
Registered
63 Posts

I can't believe they clear the Brembo calipers, that wheel is only 8" whide with 35 offset

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know this is an old post,but having a 16 vsport Premium im pretty sure all Cadillac did was throw some turbos on the 3.6 and detune it a little compared to the CTS motor. As far as brakes or suspension, its the same as a regular aspirated 3.6 XTS. Many magazine reviews have stated this and complained it has a bit more work to stop itself then they'd like to see. I kinda feel like I'm in my truck when braking in my XTS. In saying all that, no worries need be applied concerning brake/wheel fitment.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts