Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Cadillac Seville STS
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for a follow up you can search "FINALLY, a way to add XM radio and IPOD to Navigation system in Seville, Possibly Dev" or do a search under "mikekilpatrick" and you will find this thread. This company has created a kit that allows you to have 3 RCA inputs into your NON Navigation 98-2004 Seville (and some Corvettes), PLUS you can still have your CD changer. They created a special cable JUST for the Cadillac and tested it out on 15 head units. I think the whole package is under $100, so it is a good deal for all of you who want to put in XM radio and and IPOD in your Seville.

They have only made a limited number of the cables, so the more of you that respond, the more likely they will put it into for FULL production so that everyone can get one!

...Mike

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the web address of what you need: http://www.oemautosound.com:80/pc-3...9-02-x3-triple-input-auxiliary-interface.aspx

BUT, you need to contact Ernesto at the company to get the specially designed cable for NON navigation systems on the Cadillac Seville! The current cable they have has been tested on 15 different NON Nav head units and works according to Ernesto. They are working on a Navigation cable now for me...

www.oemautosound.com
Ernesto Ruesta 407-933-1065
TECH SUPPORT
[email protected]

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, after MONTHS of research and some help from some different sources, I have now MADE a way to have RCA inputs directly into your stereo! I used a cord from GM, a sony sound cut off switch and a few other pieces that allow you to plug into your cd changer with one end and into the factory wiring harness on the other.

You turn on you CD changer, Start your Ipod or whatever (via a 3.5mm to RCA output adapter) and the interface will interrupt your CD music and start playing your IPOD, Zune, XM, whatever. AS soon as you turn off your Aux source, 10 seconds later, the CD changer will kick back in playing whatever CD that is in the unit!

I have tested this on a Navigation system with success, still need to test it on a NON Nav, but the wiring harness looks the same in the diagrams for both the NON Nav and Nav systems.

Let me know if you are interested, I can make a harness to work for you.

Mike

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
4,414 Posts
LOL, you hacker you ;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure how you hacked your system, I have not seen the video. The advantage of this is that there is zero cutting into your factory harness, you just plug and play with the cable. Also, not sure what your interface is with the CD changer, but this setup lets you listen to a CD and when you want to play your IPOD or whatever, all you do is turn the AUX device on, the interface in the cable picks up the signal and then disconnects the CD changer audio and turns on your AUX device audio. When you turn off your AUX device (IPOD, Zune, XM Radio), 10 seconds later, your CD changer kicks back in with no issues.

Mike

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
mike,
i will be willing to help test for the non nav units, as i have a 00 STS with factory bose only.. let me know. bc i have been trying to find a hassle free way to use my ipod w/o FM transmitter.. thanks

Arul

·
Registered
2001 STS
149 Posts
OK, I just talked to Ernesto and they no longer have any of the cables in stock and have other projects that are taking their time. He did not say when or if they were going to return to make more of these. So I guess this is a dead end right now.

·
Registered
98 STS
22 Posts
Mike
I have a '98 STS non-nav. I would be willing to help test out the harness for Sirius/XM radio. PM me if you still need people.

Stephen

·
Registered
Cadillac
2 Posts
Ok, after MONTHS of research and some help from some different sources, I have now MADE a way to have RCA inputs directly into your stereo! I used a cord from GM, a sony sound cut off switch and a few other pieces that allow you to plug into your cd changer with one end and into the factory wiring harness on the other.

You turn on you CD changer, Start your Ipod or whatever (via a 3.5mm to RCA output adapter) and the interface will interrupt your CD music and start playing your IPOD, Zune, XM, whatever. AS soon as you turn off your Aux source, 10 seconds later, the CD changer will kick back in playing whatever CD that is in the unit!

I have tested this on a Navigation system with success, still need to test it on a NON Nav, but the wiring harness looks the same in the diagrams for both the NON Nav and Nav systems.

Let me know if you are interested, I can make a harness to work for you.

Mike
Mike, I recently purchased a 2002 Seville with the factory Bose stereo / Navigation system. I love the sound, but I'm looking for a way to connect my iPod. I just purchased an Alpine eX-10 iPod interface this week. I'm not at all happy with the sound I get from the wireless FM modulation; but I really like the interface. It also has a minijack that could be used to connect it to an auxiliary input for much cleaner sound. The problem, of course, is that the factory stereo doesn't have an auxiliary input jack. I was researching this last night and came across your post. Is this something that would connect in the center console where my CD changer is? And would it allow me to keep my CD changer connected? Is it easy to install? How much does it cost? I found a device at Crutchfield that would give me an auxiliary input jack, and it connects where the CD changer connects; but it looks like it takes the place of the CD changer, rather than adding a second input.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
do a search
i cover how to add an aux input to factory nav systems in my thread how to add nav to a non nav car page number two
it will display video on the nav screen as well

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, I have created a system that plugs into your center console 10 pin CD changer harness with NO cutting of wires! You do need to find an ignition on source, battery always on source and a ground for the Sony cut off transmitter that goes between the factory stereo and the CD changer. Actually, Ernesto worked with me quite a bit on this project and I bought the Sony cut off from him. What I did was order a GM 10 ft cord, with a 10 pin male plug on one end, went out to a local store and bought a STOCK GM Female universal 10 pin with wires already inserted, I then popped out all of the wires from the stock female 10 pin plug and put them in the proper order to match the factory wiring harness. I then put the sony (it has a set of RCA inputs) in between the factory 10 ft harness and the stock modified female 10 pin harness. Basically all of the wires are still connected to the CD changer with the exception of the L, R and Ground wires. THOSE are run through the Sony RCA cut off module, SO, when you turn on your IPOD, XM Radio, Zune, etc, the Sony module picks up the slight milliamp signal from your aux source and cuts OFF your CD changer. The head unit still shows as if a CD is playing, but your alternate source takes over with CRYSTAL CLEAR DIGITAL sound! When you turn off your Aux source, 10 seconds later, the CD changer kicks back in.

Now I bought the long cord because I am moving my CD changer into the trunk and bought a factory insert for the center console, you would NOT believe how much space you have in there when you remove the cd Changer. I have this setup in my car now and it is working very well.

I still need to move my CD changer into the trunk and I purchased a hard wired adapter for my xm Color Express radio, which also has not been installed. It has been very cold here in NJ and the first weekend that it is 40 degrees or warmer, I plan to finish the install and leave feedback on the whole system. Just want to make sure everything works properly before I recommend the system to everyone. I have a few pics of what I built and I will try to get them up this weekend (feb 2).

Had to put new brakes on the car last weekend, else I would have finished the stereo project. But, then again, stopping the car is a bit of a priority over listening to a stereo! ;) I put on Raybestos Rotors from Rock Auto (they have a coating on the fins and the metal part that touches the rim, which prevents rusting) and Monroe brakes (they are one of the few that have a wear sensor built into them) VERY happy with the after market rotors and brakes, Rotors are advertised to stop the car 20 feet shorter, 30% increased brake life and Mill Balanced to be perfectly straight with no shimmy.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh and of course, I had help from members on this site as well... :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts