Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this is my first post here and thought I'd contribute.

I just bought a Sterling CTS Luxury about a week & a half ago and freakin' love it. I just wanted to share what factored into my decision in getting it (it's my first new car purchase).

In order of importance (or as close to it as I can get):
1) Manual transmission.... I learned on a manual when I was 15, and have had nothing but stick shifts since then. They're just too fun to drive.

2) Comfortable interior... My previous car was a '96 Grand Am, and the way the seats were, you might as well have set your butt right on the floor.

3) Competent handling

4) Unique appearance... you know what the CTS looks like, this explains itself.

5) I'll admit it... the Matrix Reloaded chase scene had a little to do with it... I'm a Matrix fanboy/dork, what can I say?

I've noticed from what I've read that no one mentions "acceleration" or "speed" as a reason for getting the CTS. I won't be any different ;)

Soooo, anyone else care to spill their guts?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! It seems you really thought this out......

My only decision factors are-- Comfort, Appeal, Horsepower, Color, and Reliability..... and the last one is subject to change, should the other requirement be satisifed! :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, safety,
I forgot to add that one. But having never been in an accident (*knocking on wood*), I can see why I forgot :)

Thanks for mentioning the NHTSA site,
ends up the CTS scored decently (4 stars for frontal driver & passenger, 4 stars for side front seat, and 5 stars for side back seat).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts