Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right. I am new to the forum but have been reading a LOT over the past few days. I am seeking advice (Sanity Check) since for the most part everyone here seems to be knowledgeable and helpful. I am looking at buying a 2004 RWD V8 SRX. Vehicle has Nav kit, bose, dvd, 35K miles. Here comes the interesting part. The dealer is not a cadillac dealer and so cannot do the certified pre-owned process. I think my cadillac dealer can do the CPO stuff after the purchase just fine, but what if the reason the vehicle is so cheap is because something is seriously wrong? i.e. would fail the CPO checks. I think I can get the dealer down to just above 22K. Am I nuts to not jump on this? The guy at the cadillac dealer says I am crazy if I don't buy this ASAP.

·
Registered
Cadillac
9 Posts
If there is something seriously wrong, it would still be under the factory warranty, so... I was in the same boat a few months ago and got an 04 AWD v8 with literally every factory option for 23, and in the color I wanted, so I jumped all over that. I haven´t researched the CPO yet though, but soon as I have 45k miles now

·
Registered
'04 SRX
84 Posts
I purchased mine under warranty NON-CPO and got a warranty to 100K miles through AAA. I have dealt with them once so far, and it was BLINDINGLY SIMPLE. On top of that, I got the work done at a GM dealer. Only thing my extended warranty doesn't cover is wear items (brake pads, belts, hoses, etc).

I say do it, and don't worry about it 'cause it is still undet the B2B warranty... just add $2K and get an extension.

·
Registered
Cadillac
77 Posts
Yea - go for it! I bet you can get him down a bit more - check classifieds and Carmax ads online. It's probably AWD too!

Just pop the hood and check the radiator cover for a yellow sticka that says so........commonly overlooked because of the VIN #'s that are for cars.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
There is no such thing as "getting a car CPO'ed". The only option available to you not purchasing from a Cadillac dealer is a GMPP Warranty plan. This will give you different options of warranty coverage and protection levels.

CPO is a combination of an inspection process and warranty the vehicle goes through at a Cadillac branded dealership, if it passes it gets a 6yr 100k mile full vehicle warranty especially for CPO's. You can not CPO a car that wasnt bought from the dealership.

Most of the vehicles you find at wholesalers outside of the dealership are trades that either didnt qualify to be put on a Cadillac dealer's front line, OR were traded in at non Cadillac dealer that decided to just send it on to the auction. Occasionally they are local trades, but you do have to be careful because alot of times theres a reason that car didnt get put on the front line somewhere else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts