1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I’m soliciting advice. I’m looking for a DTS and my preference is for
the Luxury 3 trim level. I’ve found a car on Craigslist that looks good. It’s a 2006, one owner (and being sold by that owner), beige, Luxury 3 trim, 49k mile car. The seller is advertising it for $12,750.
I’d like something newer and not the first year of production, but this car has a lot of what I want.
Please comment on early DTSs, the asking price and related subjects.
Thanks

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,458 Posts
Check pricing in www.kbb.com . Be realistic on condition and use a zip code in the nearest large metro area - highest pricing.

Be very wary of a weekend "front lawn special" or anything at Korner Kar Korral.

·
Registered
2007 DTS
63 Posts
I found ours on CL also. My 07 was a 1 owner with low miles. We absolutely love ours, the original owner for ours had passed away we bought it from the estate, they were asking more than we bought it for by a pretty large amount. We drove 400+ miles just to look and drive our 07 before we made a cash offer. $$$ on the hood is the most powerful negotiating tool IME.

Good luck with your hunt...if the car is clean with records and no crash history I wouldn't be concerned about the year.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
Based on my highly inexperienced car-buying advice, and from what I saw in MANY DTSs I looked at this summer in helping my dad find one he liked, that seems like a decent price, dare I say even a good deal. Go test drive it to get a better idea.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Did they make a Lux III in '06? In our search we found a number of cars that were NOT lux III, advertised as such. In looking we had heard that some early models had electrical and headlight issues. We also wanted a lux III, in 6 passenger trim, but before they started removing content, such as the rear window shade. Our '08 had less than 30k on it when we bought it for about 22K 2 years ago. We purchased a GM max guard warranty from our local Cadillac dealer. We've had no problems and LOVE the car, especially the extras in the lux III, such as Bose sound system, power tilt/telescope wheel, real wood in dash, power folding mirrors, intellibeam, lane change warning, power rear window shade, chrome wheels, massaging seats, rear seat with heat, lumbar, lighted vanity mirrors and heat/AC.

·
Registered
2017 Premium Luxury/ Stellar Black Metallic & Sahara Beige/Jet Black
297 Posts
I have a 06 Lux III loaded, black on black rag top. I have all the bells and whistles you named on your 08. I have 77,000 miles and its in excellent condition.

·
Registered
18 XTS Luxury AWD, 06 SRX V6-AWD *** Gone - 08 DTS LuxIII, 87 Brougham d'Elegance
494 Posts
I have an 08 Lux III, black with black cloth top. I have everything named, but the lane departure warning. I searched for over a year for a Lux III that I liked before I found mine. It's OK to take your time to find that one that has exactly what you want. Except for the aftermarket stereo in mine, the rest has been trouble free (about 20 months and 25K miles later).

·
Registered
2011 DTS luxury
231 Posts
Im thinking the 06 is pretty much the same car as the 2001 . They changed fenders hood and trunk but its the same body . Power train is identical too .

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Yup, '00-'05 Devilles are different cars, including the powertrains. Several changes were made to the Northstar during that time period. Major ones being changes in head bolt thread pitch, and the ignition system.

Also, a Deville DTS is the performance model. 300 HP, quicker final drive ratio, FE3 suspension, active suspension. For '06 and up, the Deville was dropped. The "DTS" model name does not signify it being a performance model. Depending on year, that would be only the DTS Performance or DTS Platinum trim levels.

·
Registered
2006 DTS Performance
18 Posts
I have the 06 DTS Performance. 95,000 miles. Nice ride great power. BUT, repair cost are VERY high. Struts, axles, motor mounts, headlights, oil leaks, etc. I'm hoping its a one time fix and the next 30,000 are free but I am not confident. We'll see.

·
Registered
1988 Fleetwood d'Elegance
148 Posts
Sometime in 2016 I am going to purchase a 2011 DTS Platinum. I currently have a 1988 Fleetwood d'Elegance that I am going to sell and replace it with the DTS. It is my weekend ride; not a daily driver. I do plan to drive the DTS more and maybe rotate it weekly with my Lexus. I've always been a Cadillac person and it's a must have in the stable. I have begun to spend more time here in this forum versus the DeVille/Fleetwood FWD so I can begin to get a feel for owning a DTS. Granted I'm going to miss the Fleetwood but I'm looking forward to the DTS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts