Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a very nice find. 2006 DTS, a woman purchased it new from the Cadillac dealer in West Houston, kept it 9 years, drove it 35k miles, and traded it in at the same dealership. The car looks like it has been in a garage all of it's life. This is the fourth Cadillac I have owned, and a very nice one.

cad1.jpg cad2.jpg cad5.jpg

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac DTS
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only received one key and one key fob. I’ve been looking online, I found a key fob on Amazon for $30. This car has the remote start, so most of the key fobs were quite a bit more expensive.

And I found a guy on Ebay who can get the correct key blank, complete with Cadillac logo, for $21, shipped. And he will even cut the key for an additional $2.50 if you send him a high-res picture of your current key. The owners manual has very good instructions on how to program a new key to your car.

My next step is looking for floor mats. The carpets and floor mats are very light colored, and they are unbelievably clean. I’m not sure whether the previous owner kept it that clean, or if that’s the result of the detailing done by the dealer before I bought it. Either way, it is not going to stay that clean with me driving it, so I need some better floor mats.

I did a search here on these forums, and found out about Loyds fooor mats. Is that what most of you are using? My first choice for most vehicles is the WeatherTech digital floor liners, but those aren’t available for this Cadillac.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
83 Posts
I got an $18.95 free shipping new remote fob with remote start button off eBay and an $18 cadillac uncut key and took it to a nearby locksmith who cut it for $2. Both are easy to program into the car - they're both DIY jobs.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
I only received one key and one key fob. I’ve been looking online, I found a key fob on Amazon for $30. This car has the remote start, so most of the key fobs were quite a bit more expensive.

And I found a guy on Ebay who can get the correct key blank, complete with Cadillac logo, for $21, shipped. And he will even cut the key for an additional $2.50 if you send him a high-res picture of your current key. The owners manual has very good instructions on how to program a new key to your car.

My next step is looking for floor mats. The carpets and floor mats are very light colored, and they are unbelievably clean. I’m not sure whether the previous owner kept it that clean, or if that’s the result of the detailing done by the dealer before I bought it. Either way, it is not going to stay that clean with me driving it, so I need some better floor mats.

I did a search here on these forums, and found out about Loyds fooor mats. Is that what most of you are using? My first choice for most vehicles is the WeatherTech digital floor liners, but those aren’t available for this Cadillac.
Here is a picture of my Lloyds mats...before I put them in the car and drivers side after I put them in...

·
Registered
53 Posts

Make sure you get the right 8 Digit Part Number. I bought one on Ebay and started loosing everything wireless when I attempted to program it!!! Both Key Fobs and tire sensors. I needed to buy a OEM one and the $100 tire sensor tool to get everything working. I do this crap for a living (OEM Software Controls Verification) and it the closest I came to loosing a ECU. Typical Battery Reset did not work. Again this caddy is very sensitive to what parts you use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts