Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I will be purchasing my second Cadillac, was looking into the third generation, 2007 - 2012, withing the next three months in California.

Anything that i should look for, or any year in particular that has less bugs in their system.

Any input will be apperciated

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
Don't get a 2007 they have plenty of flaws trust me. And when looking at one lift the hood me tell some one to step on the gas while you look at the motor if it moves the motor mount is broken which is gonna cost you 500-2000 depending where you get it done. Test drive it feel for a clunking when it shifts. Look at the shocks if you see like a black residue a lot of it they are getting worn out 600-2000 depending on how good you want them and who installs them. Make sure the interior buttons are all in good shape. Make sure it's not leaking anything mine has a leak from the main engine seal which is gonna cost me like $500 that's all I know haha I might be wrong but hey it can't hurt to take advice from a teen. The prices are from experience from dealership cost to repair things and small shops that did the work for me so the prices are accurate

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,

I will take those into consideration, I been leaning more into the 2010-2011 AWD models, I am trying to stay around the $35k range and around 75,000 miles give or take.

Does the cooled/heated cup holder work at all?

Which model comes with screens on head rest and two flip downs?

·
Registered
993 Posts
You can't go wrong with a '10 or '11 with 75,000 miles. These trucks are very reliable! Make sure it was serviced regularly, and you are good to go. Only the Platinum trim comes with the heated and cooled cup holders, but you can do a retrofit. The ESV model comes with two flip downs. My '07 had the headrest DVD players and to my knowledge, they are a dealer installed option only.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
The Platinum trim also comes with dual headrest monitors. They are also an added option for any trim.

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

I was trying to figure out the difference between a Premium and Platinum, I did consider the ESV, but won't fit in my garage.

Any other things that i should look? Should they have headphones and control for the entertainment system?

·
Registered
993 Posts
Thanks,

I was trying to figure out the difference between a Premium and Platinum, I did consider the ESV, but won't fit in my garage.

Any other things that i should look? Should they have headphones and control for the entertainment system?
My truck with the headrest screens only had headphones. I believe the flip down DVD player comes with headphones and a remote. Check all 4 shocks and make sure they are clean and don't look dirty or have a black film on them. Also, when starting the truck, you should hear the air compressor turn on for 5-10 seconds. Make sure the engine doesn't tick or knock. I regularly see these trucks with well over 250,000+ up north, so they do last, unlike Range Rovers and BMWs. That is why I love these trucks.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury AWD
16 Posts
corvette00 said:
spend a little more and get a low mile one. You will be surprised at what you can get for 40k
This is true.

I got my 2010 for 39K out the door in January with 43K miles with 1 year left of the CPO warranty. Just keep looking and you'll find one.

·
Registered
2010 ESCALADE ESV
12 Posts
Check the shocks for leaks. 3 out of 4 went out on mine around 55k and it will ride very stiff. Cost for replacing all 4 will be around $1000 (DIY), $2500 Dealer. Other then little things here and there..... Its a find ride.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
I bought a 2010 in 2013 with 30k on it and love it. I had the dealer replace the transmission cooler hoses due to a common leak at the crimped ends but that's all. I travel from NC to Texas at least once a year where my son is stationed and it's a real pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a 2010 in 2013 with 30k on it and love it. I had the dealer replace the transmission cooler hoses due to a common leak at the crimped ends but that's all. I travel from NC to Texas at least once a year where my son is stationed and it's a real pleasure to drive.
Was this where they connect to the radiator?

I just replaced my transmission fluid at 100K and replaced one of those just in case.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
If you have young kids, you will benefit from the Platinum with headrest DVDs as well as ceiling mount; three different movies playing at the same time is bliss!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

----------

My truck with the headrest screens only had headphones. I believe the flip down DVD player comes with headphones and a remote. Check all 4 shocks and make sure they are clean and don't look dirty or have a black film on them. Also, when starting the truck, you should hear the air compressor turn on for 5-10 seconds. Make sure the engine doesn't tick or knock. I regularly see these trucks with well over 250,000+ up north, so they do last, unlike Range Rovers and BMWs. That is why I love these trucks.
There is one remote for the ceiling mount dvd and a different one for the headrest DVD players.

·
Registered
2003 Deville Base
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! A lot of useful information!

I am leaning towards the Platinum Edition, and I think im sticking to a 2011-2012.

Just at a glance here in Sacramento, CA a 2012 Platinum with 29,xxx goes for $53,998 and a 2012 Luxury AWD with 72,xxx goes for $38,995

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Wow! A lot of useful information!

I am leaning towards the Platinum Edition, and I think im sticking to a 2011-2012.

Just at a glance here in Sacramento, CA a 2012 Platinum with 29,xxx goes for $53,998 and a 2012 Luxury AWD with 72,xxx goes for $38,995
Spend the extra cash on the Platinum, it has a unique look (headlights and option of dual exhaust outlets in the bumper, gorgeous wheels also) and the interior leather is much softer. The French stitching is also gorgeous. The Platinum you are looking at also has significantly lower mileage.

More bang for your buck, you will love it. Trust me, my hubby and I have two 2013 Platinums.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts