Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the engine noise that gets pumped into the cabin via speakers at various levels be disconnected completely? Is it off completely in any of the modes? I've read that it's actually noise from the engine through microphones fed into the Bose sound system. Can you just disconnect the microphones or does that throw off the noise cancellation? Thanks

·
Registered
2019 CTS 3.6 Premium Luxury AWD V-Sport Trim
244 Posts
Pretty sure there is no microphone under the hood but rather programmed/recorded sound based on rpm so I do not believe there is any way to change it in your vehicle.

·
Registered
Cadillac
375 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but I never heard of pumped in engine noise. Why would you want to increase the noise inside the cabin. I would think that you would want it to be as quiet as possible.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
500 Posts
In tour when cruising on the highway there really isn't any noise. Mostly you here it when you step on the gas. It does get louder in sport, just driving normally I don't find it intrusive at all.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,280 Posts
Even though you should characterize 'this' as sound (not noise; big difference), I hope there is a way to turn it off (if so desired).

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,019 Posts
I haven't been able to find a way to shut it off. Cadillac should make it an option in CUE to turn off the sound if you don't want to hear it.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Luxury 2.0
50 Posts
I haven't been able to find a way to shut it off. Cadillac should make it an option in CUE to turn off the sound if you don't want to hear it.
+1 I'm very pleased all around with 2.0T except for the occasional gravelly sound. Would be great if this could be turned off.

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
This is the most ludicrous use of technology I've ever heard of. Guess it's geared to those immature, one could say juvenile, drivers who, without the system, would be driving around time mouthing rummmmm....rummmmm.....rummmmmm. Many people have commented on how Cadillac use to be grandpa's car. Well, now we know their new target audience. Rummmmm.....rummmmmm....RUMMMMMMM.....

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
This is the most ludicrous use of technology I've ever heard of.
Totally disagree. I think it's perhaps one of the GREATEST uses of technology.

Cruising on the highway, and want a quiet ride? Put it in Tour mode, and actually have noise cancellation.

Ripping on it a bit, and want a more sporty "feel"? Put it in Sport or Track mode, and have a great engine sound, but don't have to live with that all the time.

Answering some of the posts above:
Cadillac uses microphones and plays "real" sound. BMW and others use a pre recorded sound track.

Tour mode turns it off, actually into noise canceling.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V Sport Premium
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, the microphones are in the cabin and not under the hood it seems. That's even crazier. I wonder if they are used for anything else.

----------

It's not even a particularly pleasing engine noise. I used to love the sound of my Northstar V8 but this a V6. There aren't too many V6s that sound that cool, I'm afraid including this one. My wife just bought a Tesla and the silent acceleration of that thing is breathtaking. It makes you realize that as time marches on that cars are so supposed to get more powerful, faster, more comfortable, more efficient and, yes, quieter. I hope that my favorite brand of car, Cadillac, will embrace the future and not cling to the past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts