Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on the gym after work today and a friendly Indiana State Trooper followed me through a light and pulled me over. He said he clocked me at 53 in a 40 through a construction zone, not one peep from the V1 even when he was behind me at the light. I was honest and told him I thought I was doing about 45 and had no idea I was at 50.
He was cool and gave me a warning ticket, complimented me on the V. Maybe he just wanted a closer look??
My wife gave me hell when I got home and laughed about it, almost the identical thing happened with my 04 Z06 a few years back. She couldn't say much else, she just got a warning in the Trailblazer SS for being a little heavy on the right foot!
:burn:
Hats off to the Indiana State Trooper for cutting me a break and being very professional.

·
Registered
Cadillac
73 Posts
I was on the gym after work today and a friendly Indiana State Trooper followed me through a light and pulled me over. He said he clocked me at 53 in a 40 through a construction zone, not one peep from the V1 even when he was behind me at the light. I was honest and told him I thought I was doing about 45 and had no idea I was at 50.
He was cool and gave me a warning ticket, complimented me on the V. Maybe he just wanted a closer look??
My wife gave me hell when I got home and laughed about it, almost the identical thing happened with my 04 Z06 a few years back. She couldn't say much else, she just got a warning in the Trailblazer SS for being a little heavy on the right foot!
:burn:
Hats off to the Indiana State Trooper for cutting me a break and being very professional.
Next time ask to see his radar so u can see your speed. V1 does not miss much !!!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
According to your description, the officer said he "clocked" you. No mention was made by you of his using RADAR. Given that the officer did not mention RADAR, I am inclined to agree with the other posters that think he did not use his RADAR unit.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to your description, the officer said he "clocked" you. No mention was made by you of his using RADAR. Given that the officer did not mention RADAR, I am inclined to agree with the other posters that think he did not use his RADAR unit.
Okay it was long day and I was tired. Let me clear it up:
The officer was facing East around a corner in a stationary position. I was headed West coming from a stop light about 1 mile back from the corner where he was sitting. The officer did not pull out in a hurry, he pulled in behind me and I was doing 40 or less in this area because of traffic and a stop light about 1500 feet from the curve. He did not have a chance to "Pace" me, been there with the Z before, and I know my speed was at 40 or less because I was slowing down for traffic and the light. I think he just wanted a closer look at the car. I almost asked him if he wanted to run them after he gave me back my license but decided that wouldn't be cool.

I know how these cars like the upper speeds. I passed some truck on the way into the plant the other morning and looked at the speed in the triple digit range before I even realized it.

·
Registered
11 V Black Diamond Sedan, 16 Escalade Premium (wife's)
221 Posts
Next time ask to see his radar so u can see your speed. V1 does not miss much !!!!

he did whats refered to as a visual estimation......you'd be amazed at how good you get at it sitting and watching traffic through the same stretch of road for hours on end...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Probably but with the only car on that stretch it would be hard to judge speed. I don't think visual would stand up in court.

·
Registered
CTS-V2 09
26 Posts
Public Serice message: Check her speed in the construction zones! Not only are fines double, someone may get hurt. Plenty of places to play other than between the orange signs. Plus, these rubbers seem to pick up a ton of stones and toss them around. Truckers, construction zones and cops, give'em respect, everyone else is fair game.

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
65 Posts
he did whats refered to as a visual estimation......you'd be amazed at how good you get at it sitting and watching traffic through the same stretch of road for hours on end...:thumbsup:
Not all of them get that good at it,,,I just got my first ticket in over 4 years, even do I got an gc srt8,,,and two speed bikes, and the officer estimated a 70mph on a 30mph and give me a careless driver ticket,,, and i was actually going 120mph when i let off the gas...lol.... he miss it by 50mph on my favor..:thumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts