MSM B1875 H Driver Belt Tower Down Switch Circuit Malfunction
MSM U1000 H Class 2 Communication Malfunction
PCM P1652 C Powertrain Induced Chassis Pitch Output Circuit
PDM U1000 H Class 2 Communication Malfunction
RIM U1000 H Class 2 Communication Malfunction
VTD B1009 H EEPROM Checksum Error
VTD B2734 H Coded Key Controller Memory Failure
VTD B2960 H Security System Sensor Data Incorrect but Valid

Hey everyone, I made a couple days ago concerning the VTD codes, but today I pulled all codes and cleared them to see which comes back so I thought I'd write them down and post them here to see what kind of feedback I'd get.

Only issues I'm having is the VTD codes even though they're history I get an occasional "Security Light Solid illuminated" and "service theft system" when starting the car then I turn it off and then back and get no messages.

Thanks for any help you may have.

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
411 Posts
One of your modules is bad and fouling up the CAN BUS preventing any of the others from talking to it or each other. Other than the security issue (that my car does a lot but still communicates) is there any thing that you know isn't working?

Vernon

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Lots of U codes, and loss of communication codes, in history, is usually a voltage problem.

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Deville Base
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of your modules is bad and fouling up the CAN BUS preventing any of the others from talking to it or each other. Other than the security issue (that my car does a lot but still communicates) is there any thing that you know isn't working?

Vernon
No there isn't anything that isn't working everything seems in order. I switched to using my second key now to see if that changes the security issue and going to check for the comm codes again. Any guidance on the two current codes?

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
411 Posts
Last night I thought they were all current. Now I noticed the H's and C's in the middle of the desc. Info overload I guess.

The B0429 looks like the rear seat vent temperature blend door motor has stripped gears or lost it's position sensor. They seem to be a common failure as I've had to service a couple myself and I see it mentioned on the forum quite often. You access it by removing the glove box components.

P1652 is a new one on me. It comes up without any previous case history. It is described as an incorrect operation of the pitch/dive circuit in the Electronic Suspension module. I don't know if there is an actual sensor or if it is a calculated reading in the module. I'm not going to look any further until you verify that you're working on the car in your profile. 2000 Base models don't have electronic suspension. I would need to know if that's the car your reading or a DTS.

Vernon

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
411 Posts
I don't have the time at the moment to dig into it but in the past when ever a module started setting codes for things not present it either needed to be reflashed or replaced.

Vernon

·
Registered
2001 DeVille
411 Posts
Yes but figuring out which one would be a time consuming task. Esp. explained DIY style over the net. If that's even a possibility. I'd have to look into that and decide. It's probably the one with current codes. Since it's something you can't do yourself without a Tech2 or some other re-flashing equipment and a subscription to GM's online programming downloads you may as well at this point take it to a pro (dealer or independent who's really tech savvy) and pay them to diag and fix the issue. Sometimes it's the best approach.

Vernon

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Deville Base
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so the two current codes and U1016 came back after clearing. I know you guys said just go to dealer for that pcm code and then the b0429 can be fixed do DIY. Am I going through the glove box to get to it or under it? In other threads, I see things about a blower motor are they one in the same?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts