Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a "SERVICE ANTI-LOCK" light lit on my dash. It only comes on when I get over 10mph, then stays on for the duration of the trip. I would like to have the ABS work, and every so often, if I back out of the garage slow and put it in park and let the car idle for a few minutes, I can then back up and the abs light won't be on. I'm thinking this is a speed sensor fault. I also seem to have issues with the air ride, the back of the car sinks slowly but never full deflates and the ride is smooth. The air pump comes on and tries to do something but the back end seems to stay at a constant height. The ride on the highway gets bouncy like a boat on waves when hitting expansion joints, and a few times the car wafted so bad it almost bottomed out. This seemed to get worse with stuff in the trunk or rear passengers, never seemed to want to compensate for the added weight. However after a 4hr road trip to Morgantown WV (and their lovely roads) seemed to make the air ride work. It actually pumped up and I could see the top of the rear tires and the bounciness was gone. However I noticed the pump seemed to run every half hour or so, and I'm concerned it will drain the battery. It seemed to quit after while but the car was sitting a little lower. Also, when I first bought it the keyless entry fobs would work, but not every time. Then it became the would only work once. The batteries are good, like I said they used to work. I attempted to reprogram them, but the car wouldn't recognize that I pushed the button to pair the new fobs. I'm hoping some cadillac gurus can help me sort some of these little issues, otherwise the car runs beautifully.

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,306 Posts
Your ABS problem is most likely a wheel speed sensor, but pulling the DTC's will tell for sure. Be sure to post the codes AND their definitions.

The ELC (Electronic Level Control) problem sounds like a leak in one of the air lines or the shock air bladder. Spray them with soapy water when the pump is running. A leak will bubble.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your ABS problem is most likely a wheel speed sensor, but pulling the DTC's will tell for sure. Be sure to post the codes AND their definitions.

The ELC (Electronic Level Control) problem sounds like a leak in one of the air lines or the shock air bladder. Spray them with soapy water when the pump is running. A leak will bubble.
How would I go about pulling abs codes? Using the FDC and climate control doesn't show any codes

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,306 Posts
Ah, I forgot, I believe that the early '90's Deville's have a separate ABS module under the passenger seat and require a special code reader to retrieve those codes. You may have to have a dealer pull those codes. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts