Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTSVEEEE
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whats going on everyone? I just wanted to come here and say hello as i have and will continue to visit this site. i just picked up a 2009 black on black V with 36k on the clock. has the pano roof, recaros and suede wheel and shifter.

I'm glad i choose this and hope my feelings dont change thru time of ownership. it was between this car and: 2008 e63, 2997 m5, ISF...and to be honest..i only considered this car after thinking "hmm what car looks good, is fast, and you dont see one everyone 3o minutes...and thought of this..and here I am.

anyways..just wanted to say hello and i look forward to discussions and learning about this car.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YysHFl-J_eQ/USB4QzHId2I/AAAAAAAAA1o/HVFy3B5ud7U/w497-h373/2013-02-16

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V Sedan 6MT, (Sold) 05 Maggie & 8.8 V1.
509 Posts
Congrats on the new V2. Where are you located? V2's are plentiful around my parts. I actually considered an M5 because they aren't as plentiful, but I like to work on my own cars and the M5 was out of the question then.

·
Registered
CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
Hello all. Just picked up a beautiful Thunder Grey 13 V Coupe myself as well. I am cautiously optimistic about my ownership experience since I've been driving German engineering for the past 15 years. There's just something about the design and performance of the V Coupe that I couldn't shake and I had to have one. I live in Newport Beach CA and as silvergs said in the above post, people here don't drive Caddys opting instead for German/Italian/British exotics.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Welcome to the club. Where I live, almost nobody drives a V, opting for regular Cadis and BMWs. I see lots of M3s and M5s around here. I have a pretty unique beast.

Again, welcome!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Congratulations and good luck. Since I got my V in September I have not seen another one and I have been looking.

·
Registered
CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
Congratulations and good luck. Since I got my V in September I have not seen another one and I have been looking.
Are you in OC? I haven't seen any V2 Coupes around here either. It's actually kinda nice driving something that is uncommon and unique looking. Last week I had a dude in an M3 challenge me on PCH near Crystal Cove. It was just a short sprint between stop lights and the most I saw of that Beemer was in my rearview mirror. Like I said I am cautiously optimistic and hoping this thing doesn't start acting up after I start putting some miles on the clock.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Staflyr,

I'm in Long Island, NY. Most people don't seem to know what my wagon is. It starts lots of conversations.
My son came home from school one day and said they were talking about cars in his tech class and that his teacher has a Ferrari (I don't know what one) and my son said we have a V. Then the teacher said the V is probably faster than his Ferrari. My son liked telling that story.
Before anyone asks, I don't know what teacher can afford a Ferrari.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Are you in OC? I haven't seen any V2 Coupes around here either. It's actually kinda nice driving something that is uncommon and unique looking. Last week I had a dude in an M3 challenge me on PCH near Crystal Cove. It was just a short sprint between stop lights and the most I saw of that Beemer was in my rearview mirror. Like I said I am cautiously optimistic and hoping this thing doesn't start acting up after I start putting some miles on the clock.
I had an M3 challenge me within minutes of leaving Ken Batchelor Cadillac in San Antonio with my brand new V. I wanted to get home to MA quickly, but not that quickly.

And I figured getting stopped by the Texas Rangers racing my V with MA plates would be quite contradictory to my interests...

·
Registered
Black Raven 2012 CTS V Sedan Thundar Gray 2007 STS V Sedan
98 Posts
Congrats and welcome. You have good taste....:lildevil: I bought my second V in November of 2012. It had eight miles on it when I took delivery, it now has about 2700 and just as sound as when I took it...The only advise I have, if you take to the dealer for any service.....Never let them wash it, Black is not very forgiving...

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Congratulations on your new V and welcome to the club! My last car was a '09 black V sedan. Beautiful color, takes some work to keep clean. Agree w/KellyE never let the dealer wash it.

·
Registered
None
14 Posts
Whats going on everyone? I just wanted to come here and say hello as i have and will continue to visit this site. i just picked up a 2009 black on black V with 36k on the clock. has the pano roof, recaros and suede wheel and shifter.

I'm glad i choose this and hope my feelings dont change thru time of ownership. it was between this car and: 2008 e63, 2997 m5, ISF...and to be honest..i only considered this car after thinking "hmm what car looks good, is fast, and you dont see one everyone 3o minutes...and thought of this..and here I am.

anyways..just wanted to say hello and i look forward to discussions and learning about this car.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YysHFl-J_eQ/USB4QzHId2I/AAAAAAAAA1o/HVFy3B5ud7U/w497-h373/2013-02-16
Congrats from Central Cali....

·
Registered
09 CTSVEEEE
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update... Just came back from a 1000 mile road trip....couple notes

Love this car... Serious love it

1. Somewhat used to all buttons... Sport.. Suspension... Radio. Etc. Still need to learn how to navigate thru navi menu.

2. Power is insane. We packed the car with 700lbs of humans along with luggage and the car never felt like it was sluggish... The wife had a grin as she redlined thru a few gears on the 5 freeway.

3. Love love love the recaros.

4. Lovethe g-meter

Things I dislike...

1. Small gas tank... I know mpg sucks and thAts a given... But the small tank sucks
2. No spare wheel
3. Lack of space.. Barely room for a pair of sunglasses.
4. No oh shit bar for front seats

3. My car didn't have rearview cam
4. Mirrors don't tilt down when in reverse.

·
Registered
CTS-V Coupe
31 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the trip. Given that these cars have power mirrors, why GM didn't include the reverse tilt down feature defies logic. I manually tilt mine down when parking near a curb but I noticed that they always return to the memory set position after I start the car. Another gripe I have is no power fold side mirrors. While GM has come a long way with these cars it's these little things that will inhibit their ability to de-throne their German counterparts.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Power fold mirrors is not a necessity. I'd rather have manual and save some complexity and some weight.

As for auto tilt, I don't understand why its not there. The V1s had them and worked fine...

·
Registered
09 CTSVEEEE
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
having complained and nagged about 5-6 little things.....i have realized that you should look on the brighter side of things...and i have 556 reasons to love this car..

·
Registered
708 Posts
That is a good attitude. I look at it this way.. It's as near to perfect as I can afford. People say how the Mercedes and the M5 have more bells and whistles. If the V had all that it would be $100,000 and I couldn't afford it.

·
Registered
07 Escalade, 77 CDV, 13 CTS-V Wagon, 06 911, 87 928S4
189 Posts
For the Tilt Down I just use the second position on my seat/mirror memory since I am the only driver of the car....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts