·
Registered
2012 CTS sedan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello
after researching this forum for a while i purchased the following

2012 CTS base RWD
no nav, or sunroof. just a basic black on black CTS sedan.
hoping to get many years of trouble free and enjoyable driving.

what mod's should i do and what are the things that i need to look out for.
i basically bought this CTS to drive back and forth to work and weekend nights out. just got tired of driving pickups all day.

thanks

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I always start with wheels/tires. That's a good way to set your car apart from other cars on the road.

Shakey

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven
194 Posts
Nice! Looks just like mine. I put slotted and dimpled rotors with metallic pads on mine plus a K&N air filter. The new brake combo provides unreal stopping power and I just like using K&N air filters.

brake.jpg

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Luxury Black Raven
194 Posts
did the aftermarket CAI make a noticeable difference?

Well, it's not really a cold air intake, just a filter replacement. I run a K&N filter in my Chevy Suburban as well, there have been numerous arguments about the benefits of K&N air filters. Personally I think my vehicles run better with them, just my opinion.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
Agree with Shakey, wheels can make a big statement. Congrats on the new ride, hunting around the Appearance and Performance sections will give you a whole lot of ideas on things to do and not do, of course your wallet will be a lot lighter...

Welcome to the forum.

I always start with wheels/tires. That's a good way to set your car apart from other cars on the road.

Shakey

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe
263 Posts
Welcome!
It's so refreshing to read that quote. Don't see that much before the purchase.
Even though I knew I wanted a coupe, I joined the forum a month before I actually found the car. I found the information very enlightening.

Shakey

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,600 Posts
welcome! :highfive: Tint was my first upgrade.

·
Registered
2012 CTS sedan
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the replys.
i was originally looking for a 3.6, but they seem hard to find down in GA.
i'm happy with the 3.0. the car is quite heavy for its size, probably why it rides so smooth.
i'm thinking of installing an oil catch can first. seems like a straight forward upgrade.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,183 Posts
Good choice. The RX catch can is a good one. They are an authorized vendor here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts