Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done the protective film on the whole car? I am curious about the cost as mine will get it when it comes in.... just wasn't sure what the price would be (ballpark).

·
Registered
2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO
219 Posts
Has anyone done the protective film on the whole car? I am curious about the cost as mine will get it when it comes in.... just wasn't sure what the price would be (ballpark).
I've never even heard of someone doing that before. I've seen front bra, mirrors and rear base of quarter panel done but never the whole car.

·
Registered
NONE
72 Posts
I've seen pics of cars that have applied black matte film over the entire car, but not clear protective film. They looked nice, but not sure of the cost.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Clear plastic seat covers over the Recaros would be a nice finishing touch
Kinda like my aunts 40 year old sofa in her living room. Nicely covered and looks like new. ;)

Although the plastic woudl probably kill the ventilation feature. :(

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Yes I've heard of the prophylactic wrap. Be sure that they use plenty of lube during the install and splurge for the reservoir tip. If you're like me, you're gonna need it.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
999 Posts
I saw a 2008 black Ferrari Scuderia this weekend that was covered with film virtually 100% except the roof. You could hardly tell, except that the hood had a tiny bit more orange peel compared to the roof. I was shocked and impressed. No telling what it cost, though.

·
Registered
None
143 Posts
There are plenty of people with higher end cars that completely wrap the car, Porsches, Ferrari, Lambo.
Obviously this hasn't translated to the V2 group by their responses above.

It's going to cost quite a bit, possible >1500 and closer to 2000.

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
522 Posts
All the protective film i've seen on the front end of cars still takes on damage from road debris. I don't see any point to wrapping the entire car. As stated above, why even drive it? Put in in a plastic bubble in your garage if you want it to stay perfect. That's the only way it will happen.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you guys have had this on previous cars, you would understand why it is needed and how well it holds up. I was planning on $1000 - $1500 to get it done and it is well worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac sts-v
44 Posts
http://www.foilacar.com/foilacar_international.php

here's a german company thats been around for a while over here
and lets just say everybody is getting his/her new car foiled.
yes they are expensive and yes they are worth it but with all the competition
around, iv seen prices go down so fast i was shocked.
prices go around as low as 800$ to as high as 5-6000$.

might wanna try car foil in google search and find whats out there

i am not working nor am related to the companies posted link up here
but this was the first shop that did anything like this in my country so
i guess its a good start point for u

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you guys have had this on previous cars, you would understand why it is needed and how well it holds up. I was planning on $1000 - $1500 to get it done and it is well worth it in my opinion.
I'm not saying its good or bad, I've just never heard of a whole car being done before.
I'm sure as soon as I start getting some stone chips on my black 09V I'll be regretting not doing something to protect it better.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold) 2011 radiant silver CTS-V
429 Posts
i totally understand where your coming from so i think you should go ahead and get it done and the reason you want the whole car wrapped is so you can drive it and have that extra protection on the paint of the vehicle, a lot of the people here in NorCal that have luxury/exotic cars get the whole vehicle wrapped, i first knew about this 5 years ago when people were just getting part of the front end wrapped and someone w/ a Ferrari Enzo wanted his whole car wrapped at the time premier didnt do full body wraps so he had to order a roll of the clear bra and with material & labor he charged the guy $20,000 :holycrap: but then again that was 5 years ago.

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
You're NE Ohio local, right?

Contact Jon Sabo at Bullittproof Performance in Westlake, he does whole car wraps. I'm not sure how much he charges, but he has done S2000s (how I know him), Porsches, Lambos, etc. as well. Number is 440-376-7964 and let him know that "neuronbob" sent you.

Bob

1 - 20 of 24 Posts