Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, this is my first ever Cadillac. Just upgraded from a Suburban. With about 1,500 miles here are my Pros and Cons:
PROS:
  • The car is Beautiful. From the paint job to the lighting to the 22" rims, it's really a work of art.
  • Very quite. The inside is quite and comfortable. I'm not a fan of Bose but the sound system is adequate.
  • Love most of the bells and whistles. Auto tailgate, auto door locks, adaptive cruise control.... I can go on but, coming from an older suburban, the technology is amazing!
  • Power. Love to feel the power of this 420 HP motor
CONS:
  • My first con is the Cue system. Buggy as hell. For the life of me I can't get my iPod to play properly. I've tried a software upgrade on the iPod but the music just stops after a certain amount of time. Always within an hour. I've also tried swapping cables and USB ports to no avail. Pandora works OK but I mostly listen to my iPod so this is a big deal to me.
  • The drive train. Not sure how to describe this but the drive train feels a little erratic. Not smooth at all. Cruising at low speeds, this thing feels like it's wants to sputter. Sometimes I just punch the accelerator to clean it out. It does not like cruising at low speeds at all.
  • The shifting is a little cluncky and rough at times. Again, mostly at low speeds. Again, seems like a problem with the drive train.
  • As others have reported, the backup camera is pretty bad. I really don't have anything to compare this to, and I can still see that it's a very washed-out picture. Also, the only way I can get the front camera to come on is to put it in reverse, then back to drive. Frustrating!
  • XM Tune Alerts. How the hell do I turn these annoying alerts OFF??
  • I was getting frustrated with the climate control but now I'm just setting it to auto and it seems to be working better. Had a really hard time getting the temperature just right.
There it is. My first impressions of my first Cadillac. I'll bring these up to my dealer soon but welcome any feedback.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
If you read the other post, there is a bulletin out for the camera system.

The front camera activates when the front sensor detect an object that is 1 feet or less under 5 mph. They should really give an option to access the cameras any time under 20 mph by going to the main menu. My GL has that option.

For the iPod, are you using the regular ones or iPod touch? Are you also running it through bluetooth?

BTW, good report.

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
230 Posts
There must be something more to the front sensor activation... I assume the front sensor is dead center and if it ONLY activates less than 1 foot away then why would my front sensor activate when I pull into my garage at a fairly dramatic angle? I am turning right and swinging the front left bumper about a foot from the left side wall of the garage as I pull in and the sensor activates. I know that the center of the bumper (where the sensor is??) is much more than a foot from the left side garage wall, probably 3 feet from it.
If you read the other post, there is a bulletin out for the camera system.

The front camera activates when the front sensor detect an object that is 1 feet or less under 5 mph. They should really give an option to access the cameras any time under 20 mph by going to the main menu. My GL has that option.

For the iPod, are you using the regular ones or iPod touch? Are you also running it through bluetooth?

BTW, good report.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum ESV 2015 MB GL550 2008 Hummer H2
1,071 Posts
There must be something more to the front sensor activation... I assume the front sensor is dead center and if it ONLY activates less than 1 foot away then why would my front sensor activate when I pull into my garage at a fairly dramatic angle? I am turning right and swinging the front left bumper about a foot from the left side wall of the garage as I pull in and the sensor activates. I know that the center of the bumper (where the sensor is??) is much more than a foot from the left side garage wall, probably 3 feet from it.
Thats what the owner's manual said. I tested my dad's 2015i the other day, it didn't activate it was 1/2 ft away which was really scary. I am to check it again to see it was a glitch or not.

·
Registered
2015 Escalade ESV
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front camera activates when the front sensor detect an object that is 1 feet or less under 5 mph.
1 foot away?? That sounds crazy. By the time you're within 1 foot of something you had better already have your vehicle in park. Just my opinion.

I'm using an iPod classic with a USB cable. I even ordered the official Apple cable for twice as much as a generic one but still no luck. Half the time it will not even sync up without me having to reboot the iPod.
I've used this same iPod in 2 other vehicles and never had a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts