Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006 sts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 06 sts vin indicates its a 1sc luxury perf. pkg. including memory seating etc. When I try to program via navi system, the step after push "vehicle" icon is "memory" however the "memory" icon doesnt present on the screen????stuck???

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
14 Posts
It's under Personal Settings, Driver 1 or 2, etc. Do you have than Navigation supplement to the Owners Manual? There's a pdf version of it around here somewhere...

·
Registered
2006 sts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find the pdf on this site and was following it along with person from cadillac help line and at dead end, she recommended i contact a dealer, was hoping for easier/cheaper way out.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,215 Posts
How long have you had the car? Has it ever worked for you (assuming you've had the car for a while)?

Look at the underside of the cover for your spare tire compartment. There will be a label called "Service Parts Identification" with a lot of 3 character codes listed. Look and see if there is a code "A45".

Problem could be several things. If you have code A45, you may have a bad Driver Position Module, there may be a problem with your Instrument Panel Module or a number of other possibilities.

·
Registered
2006 sts
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
should have mentioned car is brand new to me, trying to do initial personalizations and its my first go round with any navi, plus bought from dealer but not caddy dlr.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you have the RPO code You might try a system reset; it could help because these systems are never otherwise really 'off'. A failing battery or low charge incident can cause weird issues.

Disconnect Negative battery cable, Positive cable and touch together for a 3-count. Reconnect Positive, Negative and see if there's any change. You may have to reset window up position.

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,215 Posts
If you have the RPO code You might try a system reset; it could help because these systems are never otherwise really 'off'. A failing battery or low charge incident can cause weird issues.

Disconnect Negative battery cable, Positive cable and touch together for a 3-count. Reconnect Positive, Negative and see if there's any change. You may have to reset window up position.
I've always wondered why you post these instructions? There is enough draw from all modules in the car that when you remove the positive, residual power will be drained very quickly. If I was going to follow this theory, I would simply disconnect the positive and touch it to the negative for a few seconds. Removing both is more work than necessary.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Trained techs have posted that to ensure power supply caps drain fully that this is the preferred procedure. A lot of people don't realize it's safer to remove the Negative cable first. Procedures exist to minimize risk. Opinions vary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts