Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porgrammer for a 2003 EXT - HELP

Looking to get some more HP (isn't everyone) and have been looking into getting a computer programmer... Already have a new Air intake.

Now... my questions are:

1) What brand is the best?
2) Has anyone has any good or bad experiences with any of them?
3) Is the install simple?
4) Do I need to get it done professionally?
5) What kind of performance improvements can I expect?
6) If I get one of these can me and my friend (Both 2003 EXT's ) use it on both our trucks?

and finally.... Thanks in advance for your help!

Christian
2003 EXT

·
Registered
545 Posts
Re: Porgrammer for a 2003 EXT - HELP

CoolassToys said:
Looking to get some more HP (isn't everyone) and have been looking into getting a computer programmer... Already have a new Air intake.

Now... my questions are:

1) What brand is the best?
2) Has anyone has any good or bad experiences with any of them?
3) Is the install simple?
4) Do I need to get it done professionally?
5) What kind of performance improvements can I expect?
6) If I get one of these can me and my friend (Both 2003 EXT's ) use it on both our trucks?

and finally.... Thanks in advance for your help!

Christian
2003 EXT
For brands I would recomend the Granatelli DiabloSport Programmer
it is loaded with nice features, such as being able to be used as a diagnostic tool, download custom tunes, backlit display, etc. I have never used it, but i am eager to get one.

No experience with this brand, but i had one for my 99 chevy tahoe from Hypertech (PowerProgrammer), good expierence, but i feel it is useless when compared to the granatelli, it takes 8 minutes to reprogram the computer whereas the granatelli takes only 1 minute.

The install is SIMPLE, plug & play.
NO PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION.

You can expect faster acceleration, more top speed 120mph if you remove the speed limiter, smoother shifting if you use this feature. You can also expect lower MPG.

I believe you can't use it in 2 truck cause it "marries" itself to the truck you first use it.

Hey, if you buy one, please let me know where!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have the Predator programmer for my Escalade (the compay sent me one as a sample for testing, that was very nice of them)

http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/index.html

I have a Volant air intake along with Corsa exhaust and there was a big difference in performance after adding these items with the Predator, downloading is pretty straight forward, you can make tons of changes and still keep your stock program to download anytime you would want to, but trust me after using the Predator you will want to forget the stock program. :)

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
hcvone said:
I have the Predator programmer for my Escalade (the compay sent me one as a sample for testing, that was very nice of them)

http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/index.html

I have a Volant air intake along with Corsa exhaust and there was a big difference in performance after adding these items with the Predator, downloading is pretty straight forward, you can make tons of changes and still keep your stock program to download anytime you would want to, but trust me after using the Predator you will want to forget the stock program. :)
Do these programmers void the warranty??

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
fast66 said:
Do these programmers void the warranty??
Anything can void a warranty, it depends on your dealer service, with the Predator you can re-install the stock program in about 3 minutes if you would ever want or need to, I took my Escalade in for them to program the interior high beam indicator to be dimmer and they had no problem doing this with the Predator program in the computer, and never said anything to me about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts