Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems programing my garage door opener remote into my escalade. I had no issues with my last escalade (2006). But don't seem to have luck with my new one. I have followed the owners manual to the letter and my garage door opener does have a learn button. Can anyone offer any ideas??? Thanks

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
Are you holding the two outside buttons to clear any previous entries prior to training it to a new opener? I dont know if that helps but it cant hurt. When I bought my latest I cleared all entries and trained it to both garages on the first attempt. Two or three months later I trained the thrid button for my sons garage in Texas. I just hit depresed the learn button on his openeer and then depressed my button and it picked it right up.

·
Registered
escalade
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today I contacted Cadillac at their 800 number, I was advised that the 2013 does not have homelink and that I need a $36.00 repeater plugged in my garage. I called my dealer and it was news to them. I should have my repeater in a week or so, lets see if that helps.

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
There are two different procedures depending whether you garage door opener has rolling codes or not.

www.learcar2u.com for help with programming, section 5-46 in the instruction manual. If you don't have your manual, google it and you will find the section of the Cadillac website where you can choose your model and year and it has the whole instruction manual.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You should not need that unless you garage door opener in older, get the lights blinking on the homelink, pick the button hold that and the remote button, when the blinking changes go push the learn button on the garage door opener you have 30 seconds, than go back to the button on the homelink and hold it, it should be programmed, I did this yesterday and it worked as usual for me, some openers are more of a pain than others

·
Registered
2007 escalade ext
10 Posts
• From inside the vehicle, press the two outside buttons at the same time for one to two seconds, and immediately release them.
• Locate in the garage, the garage door opener receiver (motor-head unit). Locate the "Learn" or "Smart" button. It can usually be found where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the motor-head unit and may be a colored button. Press this button. After pressing this button, complete the following steps in less than 30 seconds.
• Immediately return to the vehicle. Press and hold the Universal Home Remote button that will be used to control the garage door until the garage door moves. The indicator light, above the selected button, should slowly blink. This button may need to be held for up to 20 seconds.
• Immediately, within one second, release the button when the garage door moves. The indicator light will blink rapidly until programming is complete.
• Press and release the same button again. The garage door should move, confirming that programming is successful and complete.
To program another Rolling Code device such as an additional garage door opener, a security device, or home automation device, repeat Steps 1-5, choosing a different function button in Step 3 than what was used for the garage door opener.
If these instructions do not work, the garage door opener is probably a Fixed Code unit. Follow the Programming instructions that follow for a Fixed Code garage door opener.

·
Registered
2008 sts
4 Posts
hi, i have a 2008 sts, it came with the lear link, not homelink, 3 buttons with 3 green LED's, i have a 2014 craftsman garage opener, it will not work with it as is, i will have to buy a repeater and see if that helps, sounds like it is a common issue with gm owners and the chamberline/ craftsman openers. also they sell homelink repeaters for the same issue.

·
Registered
'16 VSport (wife's), '10 Escalade, '97 & '02 SS Camaro's, '15 Silverado LTZ
1,131 Posts
I programmed several (99 Yukon, 2010 Escalade) with ease on my doors with rolling codes but I have a 97 Eldorado that I've never been able to program.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
hi, i have a 2008 sts, it came with the lear link, not homelink, 3 buttons with 3 green LED's, i have a 2014 craftsman garage opener, it will not work with it as is, i will have to buy a repeater and see if that helps, sounds like it is a common issue with gm owners and the chamberline/ craftsman openers. also they sell homelink repeaters for the same issue.
I have 6 Chamberlain garage door openers in my HV home, never had an issue with my GM cars, and I have had over 60 now, the Homelink and Lear program completely different, went thru hell when they changed from Homelink to Lear in 2007, I had 2007's with both. :)

·
Registered
michaelflynn
3 Posts
I also needed a addition to my opener for my 2013. Connect it to the leads on the opener and plug it into an outlet and program. It was easy once I read the directions in their entirety. Works perfectly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts