Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 05 CTS 6MT and can't figure out how the car determines the default personal settings. I have my personal setting set to driver1 and my wifes set to driver2. When I start the car sometimes it comes up as driver1, sometimes as driver2. I would think it would default to whatever the last setting was when the car was turned off, but it seems to be completely random. This has me really confused and irritates me to have to keep hitting the driver1 button on the door to re-initialize to my settings. Has anyone seen this happen before?

:hmm:

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
Definitley check the fobs as my wife and I kept switcing ours in the beginning and it drove me crazy as to that very thing. I added 1 extra key just to keep us straight.

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
Yup, listen to these guys. Each fob has its own identity and will select the "proper" preset settings when you hit unlock.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
It's not a bug, it's a feature! Sometimes figuring out the whys and whatfors can be a tad annoying, or a lot of fun. As a single guy, I have no other drivers so I have the two different key fobs configured with what could be called "business" and "personal" profiles. Ah, the joys of luxury...

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
I drive the CTS 95% of the time. I'm acclimated to my personal setting. When the wife drives and uses her FOB the settings remain. When I come out to the garage in the morning my routine is to back my butt up to the seat and fall in the seat.. Well the wife is much smaller than me and my butt gets tightly wedged between the seat and the steering wheel. Then I use my FOB to my setting and the seat moves back releasing me.:)

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
could he possible be having a problem with the exit setting (the 3rd button above teeh 1 & 2). when i first got my cts the seat was set to move forward on exit to suposidly help get me out of the car. just a thought

·
Registered
1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk
3,963 Posts
On my '01 DTS, the presets are triggered by the FOB or the key itself. The 'master' key is assigned to driver 1. I assume that the 'spare' key is assigned to driver 2. If, for example, I hop in the car without using the fob to unlock it, memory presets will activate when I turn the key. I don't know what would happen if I unlock the car with fob #1 but use the #2 KEY to start it. I assume that the driver 2 settings would take effect (dunno, never tried it). I believe there is a way to disable the key-triggered memory feature but not the fob-triggered memory feature.

So I guess, in short, the original poster's issue could be the key that he's using?

Jim

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
turbojimmy said:
On my '01 DTS, the presets are triggered by the FOB or the key itself. The 'master' key is assigned to driver 1. I assume that the 'spare' key is assigned to driver 2. If, for example, I hop in the car without using the fob to unlock it, memory presets will activate when I turn the key. I don't know what would happen if I unlock the car with fob #1 but use the #2 KEY to start it. I assume that the driver 2 settings would take effect (dunno, never tried it). I believe there is a way to disable the key-triggered memory feature but not the fob-triggered memory feature.

So I guess, in short, the original poster's issue could be the key that he's using?

Jim
The key by itself doesn't activate the setting on my '04 CTS.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.2
74 Posts
RobertCTS said:
The key by itself doesn't activate the setting on my '04 CTS.
i think one of the options in the setup menue can be changed to key in ignition for memory activation rather than trigger from the remote

1 - 14 of 14 Posts