Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brgm, 11 CTS Premium (two)
1,667 Posts
Is this what your looking for? View attachment 590574
I believe that is the correct item. A big blue connector on the side? I can't read the PN very clearly, but it looks like it starts with 102 and ends with 8 which is what the one I bought today at a salvave yard has. And the one I bought also says Japan.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I was looking at the ones I have and I seen 3 different part numbers. I don't think it makes a difference, but maybe it was one without a security system. What is the part number on yours?
I found one at a local salvage yard with the part # of 10269728 Which was the last PN used by GM for these.cars. I believe earlier PNs should work. I hope I got lucky.

I'll be trying to install this replacement on Tue afternoon. I'll post the car's existing PN and results.

My 1995 had RKe but not the security system, which consisted mainly of the alarm (horn going crazy for 30 sec) and the locking pin for the rear license plate to secure the gas cap. My 1996 has both options.

The door locks control the gas cap locking pin, and those work via the car's inside locks on all 4 doors, so there should be no difference with the RKE receiver. I know this because every time I lock the doors when getting out and then go to open the gas cap at a service station, I have to go back and unlock the doors!.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The replacement module works!!! Took all of 30 seconds to re-program it to my two fobs.

But the SIX keys will still not open the trunk. A locksmith looked at it and it has a wafer spring that is stuck in the down position. I need another lock cylinder (groan)...

41 - 44 of 44 Posts