Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a website that anyone knows of that lists the produciton figures of late model Cadillac Sevilles?

I have a silver, 2000 model Cadillac Seville STS that is RHD (thus obviously an export model). I'm curious as to how many were made.

I'm especially curious as to how many were sold in the UK as they're very rare over here. You see more Ferraris than you do STS's.

Does the book "Standard Catalogue of Cadillac" include figures for export (ep RHD) models?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
I would ask Sandy, hes usually buzzing around the FWD Deville Section. He is legendary in production figures, he can often post how many were amde in a certain colour.

I am curious to know myself, Maybe you shoul drop him a PM and see what he pulls up.

·
Registered
1999 White Diamond ETC
2,538 Posts
Seville Summary

New For 2000
Exterior

• [*]Improved Northstar V8
    [*]Upgraded StabiliTrak™
    [*]Air bag suppression system
    [*]Ultrasonic Rear Parking Assist (Option on STS and SLS)
    [*]Navigation System (Option on STS and SLS)
    [*]New Exterior Colors: Midnight Blue and Bronzemist
Target Demographics:
STS
Age: 45-54 Gender: 75 percent male/25 percent female Household Income: $180,000 Education: College graduate Occupation: Professional/managerial/entrepreneurial SLS
Age: 45-54 Gender: 70 percent male/30 percent female Household Income: $120,000 Education: College graduate Occupation: Professional/managerial/entrepreneurial Key Competitors
STS BMW 540i, Lexus GS400, Mercedes-Benz E430 SLS BMW 528i, Infiniti Q45, Mercedes-Benz E320 sedan, Lexus GS 300 Assembled At
Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Center
Sales History (Model Year)
2000 19,749 (though May 2000)
1999 33,855

1998 38,713
1997 29,837
1996 33,809
1995 37,025

Vehicle History
Cadillac first used the Seville nameplate on coupe editions of the Eldorado series in 1956. The name surfaced again in the 1976 model year, when Cadillac introduced its first import fighter. Second-generation sales were strong, with a peak of 56,985. Seville moved to an all-new front-wheel-drive platform for the 1980 model year. Dramatic styling upstaged engineering advancements, particularly the "bustle-back" rear of the new model. Sales averaged 33,000 cars per year over a six-year run. In response to the second energy crisis, the Seville was downsized for the 1986 model year. Manufacturing was simultaneously shifted to new facilities in Hamtramck, Mich. Sales of the third-generation Seville averaged 25,000 units per year. The fourth-generation Seville, introduced in 1992, was the first Cadillac intended to compete directly and favorably against the world’s best import brands. Technological advancements, like the Northstar V8 engine and road sensing suspension, made this possible and Seville sales averaged 37,000 per year between 1992-1997. The current Seville was redesigned in 1998 and symbolizes Cadillac’s determination to assert its presence in the global luxury market. Competing in the prestige luxury sedan-segment in over 40 countries across the globe, Seville is the first Cadillac built in both left- and right-hand drive since 1941.

·
Registered
NONE
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figures I've been given for UK vehicle registrations (unknown source):

2000 - 61
2001 - 104
2002 - 5

I'm trying to find the info for the 2-3 years before that to get the complete picture.

·
Registered
2003 STS w/BoseNav, 1993 Deville, 1985 Deville
1,089 Posts
You could organize a UK Seville STS owner's get-together. Wouldn't have to contact that many people and it sounds like it could be fun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm the proud owner of an '00 STS. I'm quit happy with the car but experience some odd quirks now and then. Occasionally the car just quits for a split second while driving down the highway. It is very momentary and just appears like a "burp". Sometimes it also happens when parked in idle mode, in which case i have to restart. I've tried experimanting to see if i cvan re-create the event and the closest i can come to is if i momentarily turn off the ignition key. It seems that i need to only turn the key in the off direction about 15 degrees and the car turns off, which is good because I'm not sure what would happen if i turned the key completely off when driving at 100 kph.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts