Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Afr sensor bung will be welded on next Wednesday. Ordered a dual cluster for the guages that won't bother the pillar. They look stout. Im surprised the vent can be that sturdy without shaking the gauges at that height. But I'm sure they have been tested and used with cars 4x the torque output of what I'm putting it on.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Correct, it looks really good from the front, the only thing missing is how the rear look is. My only concern is making sure there is a clean looking wire loom, that doesn't look tacky if it has to travel on the dashboard over to drop point underneath the column.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apart from rewiring, this 3/16 bit is necessary for opening the entrance hole to maximum capacity to pull all these wires with these wide connectors through. Specifically for using AEM gauges anyway. So just an FYI, it will take 10 min to prep the pod

Wiring tomorrow. Good install thus far.

Side view

Front view

·
Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,030 Posts
The thread title mentions a Procharger, but I don't see anything on Procharger's website about kits for the ATS 3.6 (or any other Cadillac 3.6, for that matter). Are you adapting a Camaro 3.6 kit to the ATS or what?

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will cut n paste a post I had on a different thread here, its being put together by Will at Overkill he is switching from vortech brand to procharger brand. Here it is :

Here is an update from Will:
quick update is I’m moving forward with a switch to Procharger head units instead of Vortech. Along with Vortech's production issues which are now several months behind, Procharger has been great to discuss technical specs with to get the new units for the Overkill kits set up, and I feel confident this is an upgrade and not just a switch.

I’m setting up different head units for the Stage 1 (base kit) and Stage 2 kits. The Stage 1 will have a P series supercharger that’s near identical in air output compared to the Vortech V3 it replaces, while the Stage 2 will have a larger D series head unit with more air output. The Stage 1 P series is specced to produce more boost mid-rpm and so more torque in the mid-rpm range than the Vortech was, with similar peak horsepower numbers, and can still be upgraded to original Stage 2 specs in future just as before with the fuel pump, injectors and smaller pulley. When purchasing Stage 2 at the initial kit purchase, that’s when the D series upgrade is introduced; Stage 2 pricing will increase by $400 to change the supercharger size but I anticipate an increase in power output of 20-25 wheel horsepower over previous Stage 2 levels and will have the higher ceiling to support max effort builds.

There's minor redesign work going on right now for the new mounting plate which should be finished tomorrow and more minor items like the inlet tubing and supercharger pulleys. I anticipate shipping towards the end of the Aug 17-21 week, so you've caught me at a good time, I've orders dating back to June when Vortech thought they'd be looking at a minor delay only with Covid supply issues. I believe the supercharger kit is improving as a result of this switch which makes the effort all the more worthwhile!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, I'm just now running the wiring from the afr gauge to the sensor. I chose to go through a plastic cover, that I had to completely remove to fit the connector through. It is located underneath the driver side carpet near both the threshold and the front left seat bolt. Removed one plastic cover, the foot rest and pulled the carpet towards the console. The underlayment on the outside of the car directly underneath the drivers seat was removed. About 10 number 10 socket bolts and or nuts. And the exit hole to pull the wires through was located just behind the parking brake cable (I assume). I ran both wires from the afr and boost gauge through. I ran the afr wiring on top of the heat shield, just had to remove one bolt to pin it between the frame and the shield safely. The boost gauge isn't run yet. I have been tied up for 3 months straight working on my house. But it is done! And the weather is nice here.

I will have to put some sealant in there asap. Don't want to get moisture underneath my carpet matting.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
S/C kit boxes heading this way... update from Will:
Good evening Geoff

First off thank you so much for your patience during this transition!

Your kit is on its way to you as of Friday last week, tracking for 3 packages from me is UPS, xxxxx and xxxxxand xxxxx, there will be a 4th for the intercooler that I will forward you shortly, that'll be a fedex package. Monday is the estimated delivery day.

Very minor changes to the kit instructions that I will document and email you about in the coming days. Also I had a Camaro dyno the Stage 1 kit with the new Procharger at 408 wheel horsepower, a nice bump over the Vortech kits, so I'm hopeful of those numbers being sustained as more results come in.

Back again with you soon
Kind Regards
- Will

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can someone give me a thumbs up or a correction if needed on the proper fuse to disable the awd. Im going to do a 100% stock base dyno pull this week on a rwd dyno.

·
Registered
2013 ATS 3.6 procharged
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just waiting on the FMIC, the HP Tuner hardware (which i just paid for over this weekend) and lastly a revised install manual. Hoping to be tuned up and running before November

1 - 20 of 293 Posts