Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
2013 Cadillac CTS Premium, 3.6L LFX, AWD
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theoretical situation is this.
A centrifugal Supercharger is mounted such that it is the only item spun by its 8 rib belt off of the harmonic balancer. It has a short intake tube and a K&N filter. It passes through a generic air to air intercooler and then straight through a section of pipe with a 50mm Tial BOV. Some twists and turns into a 6" long aluminum tube with the MAF (2013, 6 wire) and then 90° into the throttlebody of a vehicle that was NA. the original "in and out" catch can caused so much vacuum that a seal is now shot somewhere. I still need to find it. I'll post a hand drawing of the original. And, for giggles, a what it.
All suggestions for altering the intake and plumbing are welcome, along with better catch can set-ups. Have fun- im sure this will quickly surpass my theoretical knowledge.

· Administrator
'05 CTS-V
9,314 Posts
Where did you intend to post this, so I can move it to the appropriate forum? Right now this thread is in the Cadillac Motorsports forum, which sees very little traffic, and is intended "For discussion of Cadillac Racing Team's efforts in IMSA and/or other series; coordinating "Cadillac Corral" meets at race events; sharing HPDE/track event schedules, write-ups, and videos; etc.". You're not likely to get much response here.

· Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh, that's a good question. I was just trying to get the thought in front of some weekend warriors more than the full on teams. Although it couldn't hurt, there probably a bit biased towards the non- street legal builds. I've only been a cadillac/gm owner and forum member for a whole 3 months, so still learning the ropes

· Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
1,355 Posts
Hard to tell with your high tech photo :)
As to the full air path from SC'er to through MAF

Your design is causing air turbulence which will confuse what the MAF outputs to the PCM
causing AFR issues (fuel trims) and PCM computing line pressure for auto tranny and calculating torque

Example how we do it on Corvettes via innercooler

· Banned
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so what I've finally got situated is going to be a second chance. I've got a new filter coming and a new reducing 90°. No holes in them. I am also getting the clean side separator-oil fill replacement that will connect to the clean side as Tracey Lewis had originally planed it.
No more trying to build off of a clay foundation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.