Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok! So I know it's not a good idea to work on your car when you have been drinking(A bunch). I jack the V up to lube the bushings and spray wd40 on them. Well I go over board and spray everything for some reason. I spray the bushings, springs, and anything that moves. Now the car squeeks everywhere! First question is was the wd40 ok? I was told no because if I sprayed the springs it got on the shocks. next question is what do I do to fix it? Also my rearend now is very loud, so it will be going to the dealer this week. Do I need to remove the BMR bar and the BMR cradle support? the radio button is also chipped, will they fix that as well?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not one person can tell me what's wrong! Come on guys did I screw it up or what?:rant2:

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
Hmmmm. Not my area of expertise but... WD40 is a thin oil with some other agents in it. I don't think it's intended for any load bearing and could possibly act as a solvent to a load bearing lube. Do you have any spray white lithium grease around? I brought mine to the dealer for front suspension noise not long ago. Looks like that's what they used. Read the can before applying in case there's something you shouldn't use it on.

As to the BMR parts, yeah I'd pull them off.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK! It's fixed! They used the white lube like you said and they lubed the Heck out of everything. Not one noise now! By the way they said never use wd40!

·
Registered
CTS-V
798 Posts
TXSilverV said:
OK! It's fixed! They used the white lube like you said and they lubed the Heck out of everything. Not one noise now! By the way they said never use wd40!
Did you pull the BMR stuff off or they let you slide?

The thing with lube is you'll probably have to reapply over time, especially in the wet. Good thing about the Hotchkis bars... zerk fittings! More positive lubrication to the parts that rub. I gotta go buy a grease gun now and some quality marine grade grease. All a part of luvin' your ride.

·
Registered
Lemon Law'd '05 V
1,241 Posts
NO WD40, its a solvent. For an easy job, get a can of silicone spray..I sprayed my Specter bushings and no squeak for 5K miles. Silicone also works pretty good as a weather-proofer for the winter, I've used it on the belly of my bikes for years and no problems except it gathers dirt sometimes..but protects well.

Another good spray lube that thickens after spraying is moto-chain lube in a can. I have the blue stuff and used it on my swaybar bushings on my Spyder.
-ace

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
left the BMR junk on! Did I just say Junk? oh well! At least the car only hops about four times instead of a dozen. Just turn the radio up and you want hear the drive line noise, B&M noise, BMR noise, Header noise, noise from radio, tires, and all the rattles. At least that is what the dealer told me to do on a 50k car. Still love the car though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts