Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'03 CTS Luxury Sport
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. So I was driving earlier tonight and I had my CTS tranny (3.2l) in sport mode and when I did a hard acceleration the car downshifted and when it got to around 4k rpms it just hung up? It felt like the engine brake engaged, but i was into the gas pedal. When I let off the gas and pushed the sport mode button to disengage it, the car drove and shifted fine the rest of the time. It felt like while it was trying to keep the car in a lower gear while in sport mode, it was also kinda in nuetral. Anybody out there with the 2003 lux sport come across this confused confused problem before? Let me know, thanks!

·
Registered
'07 CTS 3.6
2,937 Posts
Hey everybody. So I was driving earlier tonight and I had my CTS tranny (3.2l) in sport mode and when I did a hard acceleration the car downshifted and when it got to around 4k rpms it just hung up? It felt like the engine brake engaged, but i was into the gas pedal. When I let off the gas and pushed the sport mode button to disengage it, the car drove and shifted fine the rest of the time. It felt like while it was trying to keep the car in a lower gear while in sport mode, it was also kinda in nuetral. Anybody out there with the 2003 lux sport come across this confused confused problem before? Let me know, thanks!

Rev. limiter ?

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
doesnt show your location, but maybe your tires spun a little and it hit the traction control.
i would take her a little easy and see how shes shifting, also look at your transmission lines and make sure there are no leaks, especially the cooler lines where they attach to the rad.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
you can pull codes on the 03 models right?

might just be worth it to check to see if there's anything in there
you sir are correct, as long as its the origonal deck, i believe that means it has to have the tape deck....if it was ever swapped out under warenty then its OBD2 Scanner may be gone.

put key in on position bush and hold F1 and F6
screen lights up weird
screen pulls modules, open modules with a * on them and write down the codes, if any.
you can clear all if you like.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
29 Posts
sport mode when you tromp on it and back off at a certain speed your tranny will gear down and hold it just like a when you downshift a manual if you leave it in sport and just drive normal 10 seconds it upshifts, completely normal these trannys are designed to operate like manuals

1 - 8 of 8 Posts