Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
02 Escalade
49 Posts
Good advice for anyone is to make friends with your service advisor / manager. We tip our advisor after every visit and it had paid itself back 10 fold! When our car goes in for service, everyone is waiting in an 1 hour long enterprise rental line, and getting shoved into a envoy, or some other midsize car, while our advisor has our choice of colors of caddies waiting for us. He has also gone to bat several times for us with GM.

I have never had the whine that everyone is speaking of, but I do have what I refer to as "driveline slap". For example if I am rolling in drive (no gas), and I hit the gas with some decent force, I get a knock, or slap from the driveline. Based on my complaints, the differrentials have been replaced, and the transfer case as well. Each time it improves, but then it seems to come back. I am rough on our cars, so this may have something to do with it, but nothing has flat out broken as of yet, and believe me I tried to make it break before I was out of the factory warranty and into the extended one.

· Registered
02 Escalade
49 Posts
hilldo said:
Same deal here... it klunks when I do a rolling stop and hit the gas hard to take off again.

It is something that is mentioned in the reviews online of the '99.
Have you researched the problem at all? Also, I am familiar with it on older models. we bought our son a 99 tahoe, but it actually seems worst on the 02 Escalade.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.