Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
I had my 2004's front diff. rebuilt last monthat around 27k miles. It was making a whining sound during acceleration and low speed braking. From what I've heard front diff. problems are fairly common.

· Registered
216 Posts
84caddy said:
I'm becoming he poster-boy for escalade problems on here...and this after having ZERO problems with my 00.....now having every problem with my 03 ESV

anyway...getting a howl from the frt end only when applying light gas (ie: under load)...at cruising speed - as soon as you let off the gas it goes away..getting worse every week

dealer says I need 3 new frt diff bearings
That sounds like exactly what mine had, but I had an additional 'jet engine' kind of noise when braking and almost at a stop. Mine got progressively worse over a period of 1 1/2 - 2 months before I had it fixed. I was a little nervous because I wasn't sur eif they would honor my warranty with the rims a drop, but it was no problem at all.

· Registered
216 Posts
84caddy said:
what did yours end up being? dealer is only guessing it needs the 3 diff bearings after listening with a stethascope...they said it "could be" ring+pinion too

I'm starting to get a loud howl when coming to a stop now too
I'm not sure exactly what it was, but the service advisor told me they rebuilt my front diff, I'm guessing all new internal parts and gears.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.