Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought a 2012 SRX Luxury collection. I'm trying to pair my iPhone 6 to the vehicle and am having major problems. I read the instructions in the manual saying to hit config then choose the phone options, however when I choose the phone options the screen just says 'not available'. I also watched a YouTube video and saw someone just pushing the talk button on the steering wheel to get into the menu. I tried this and when holding that button down the screen just says 'call lists not available'. Anyone else have these problems or have any ideas? I've paired my phone to other cars in the past with no problems and am really frustrated I can't figure this out! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2012 SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem is that I can't even get in to the phone menu of the car to start the pairing process. I have the Bluetooth on my phone turned on and it said it was discoverable, but I can't even get the process started in the car

·
Registered
2013 SRX Premium w/ Navigation
161 Posts
Sounds like an Infotainment problem.

Are you still under warranty? Do you have a reliable dealer nearby?

It may be something as simple as rebooting the Infotainment system, but I don't know how to do that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

12,776 Posts
The problem is that I can't even get in to the phone menu of the car to start the pairing process. I have the Bluetooth on my phone turned on and it said it was discoverable, but I can't even get the process started in the car
Hello Kell_e27,

Congratulations on your SRX purchase, but I am sorry to hear that you are currently experiencing difficulties with pairing your phone. Feel free to send us a PM with the name of your involved dealership, full name, phone number, mileage, and VIN if this is something that you would like assistance with. I will be looking for your message and enjoy your day.

Best,

Brandon M.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2012 SRX
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after a visit to my local dealership I found out my car was originally a rental car, so while standard on the 2012's, those purchased as rental cars don't have Bluetooth capability...does anyone have any idea if I can buy a new deck that would have Bluetooth capability? I went to Best Buy and checked out their options, but I'm not interested in some think I have to plug in to the six, I want it fully integrated with the stereo

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you are looking to Bluetooth and stream music I don't believe you can do that with the 2012 infotainment system, our 2011 will allow for phone conversations but not streaming music at all. It will play our iphones via usb cord though. The HDD on the system is very impressive and easy to fill with a usb. Droid phones will be seen as a usb device however not iphones so we cannot directly upload from our iphone.

·
Registered
None
805 Posts
Kell_e27 said:
Well after a visit to my local dealership I found out my car was originally a rental car, so while standard on the 2012's, those purchased as rental cars don't have Bluetooth capability...does anyone have any idea if I can buy a new deck that would have Bluetooth capability? I went to Best Buy and checked out their options, but I'm not interested in some think I have to plug in to the six, I want it fully integrated with the stereo
I'm skeptical that there were any SRX's produced without basic BT functionality, but if there were I say shame in GM/Cadillac. This is totally unacceptable, especially as BT has become the new power windows of the day. It's bad enough that you can't easily have HID headlamps in your SRX, while so many vehicles that seem less high end offer these. BT is available in even the most basic aftermarket radios as well. I wonder if someone could chime in and clarify whether there were any 2012's produced without BT phone connectivity.

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
When I go to Config and then "phone settings", the screen says 'not available'. I have a 2010 base. I use my cell phone infrequently, so I really don't care, but I can only assume my car doesn't have BT. I am On-Star equipped, though (I don't subscribe). It makes no sense that I'd have On Star yet no BT capability. Go figure........

·
Registered
2011 SRX
96 Posts
I can confirm. My 2011 Base did not come equipped with Hands-Free Bluetooth. I wrote a letter to GM asking why a valuable safety component was unavailable on the 2011 Base SRX? Shame on GM/Cadillac. As the same issue existed with 1LE Camaro owners, I found sufficient information in the Camaro forum pertaining to adding Hands-Free Bluetooth. The On-Star module is a silver box visible under the dash and fastened to the passenger side kick panel. I removed my non-Bluetooth On-Star module and replaced it with a Bluetooth equipped On-Star module that I purchased on eBay. It was as simple as unplugging one and plugging in the other. The real feat is getting your hands on the module from a difficult position but it can be done. In my case, no programming was necessary and as soon as I started the vehicle, the "Pair Bluetooth Telephone" feature became available on my screen. It works perfectly, precisely the same as factory stock. To complete the job the IMEI number of the new module should be registered with the On-Star people, but that is also possible. There is absolutely no way GM/Cadillac would sell me a Bluetooth On-Star module. If it was not originally on the vehicle they refuse to sell one to you. I tried. I also tried the BlueAnt Hands-Free Bluetooth add-on. Let me just say none of the aftermarket Bluetooth Hands-Free units integrate as well as the factory setup. I was truly frustrated with GM as soon as I discovered Hands-Free had been omitted from the 2011 Base SRX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts