Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.

Vehicle is a Canadian 1986 rwd 307 Fleetwood Brougham, and the fan is not engaging. I've tested the fan it works as well as switching out the Electronic Climate Control device. From the reading on these boards it seems to be that the problem is the "blower module"? The temperature works; heat/cold can be regulated. Simply the fan does not engage when requested. Hopefully I'm on the right track here. Canadian winter has been kind this december with above freezing temperatures and sun; allowing me to hit the junk yards...err self serve supermarket of autoparts!

Second inquiry is about my check engine light. After cleaning the engine with diesel; as upon purchase it was very greasy the warning light is now on. No noticable problems as everything seems to be running fine (the heater problem happened long after). The Canadian Electronic Climate Control via pressing the "off and warmer" buttons in conjunction does not yield anything. BUT, when I switched that part with an american Electronic Climate Control; all it did was register two periods. Am I correct to infer that the canadian models do not have the troubleshooting codes?

Thank you for any guidance,

~Spock

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also a cosmetic question. The front grille; can be sprayed silver or even gold with metallic spray paint? Advisable or any experiences? I plan to pick up another as soon as I find it in a junkyard and restore it...bling bling style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the heater valve (passenger side on rear of intake manifold) there is a pressure sensor. The system uses this to determine when the coolant is hot enough to provide heat. You may want to check the sensor and it's wiring before you go the mile for a new module. The sensor can also be thrown off by a loose or low rated radiator cap.

Sorry I can't help with other problem.
Good luck.
kas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts