Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started to notice a shimmy when i hit 69-72 indicated mph. the steering wheel shakes a little. Im thinking wheel balancing? Probably since the warranty wouldnt cover it. Any thing else I should consider? '01 SLS 30k on it

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Probably balance Brett, Have it checked.....While they're in there you can have them inspect the tires for weird tread wear or seprations....

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
On my previous car, when the tires were near worn, and after hitting a lot of potholes, 3 out of 4 tires had belt seperation and mimmicked your symptoms. Know I don't trust B.F. Goodrich T/A's.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Like KC said, probably balance but while they're doing it, they should check the tires too.
One extra point, sometimes a "standard" wheel balance won't eliminate the vibration totally. I would suggest a "road-force" balance. This is a relatively new type of wheel/tire balancing procedure that will also eliminate (or at least identify) vibrations caused by bent wheels and physically defective tires. The point being that a bent rim or tire with a flat spot or similar defect CAN be balanced on a standard wheel balancer, yet still yield a vibration on the road.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Everybody. Im gonna take it into the dealer. But I was hoping to have more info before I did, and you guys provided it. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts