Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys (and gals),

One of the coolest features of my '93 Seville is what happens with the radio when you turn the car off. It stays on until you open the door!!! I LOVE THAT!

Unfortunately, sporadically, it won't do that. Sometimes it will just turn off when I turn off the ignition.

Is it a fuse or something? How so I make the radio stay on until I open the doors consistently!?

Thanks,

ezt

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
fuzzy4dice said:
Guys (and gals),

One of the coolest features of my '93 Seville is what happens with the radio when you turn the car off. It stays on until you open the door!!! I LOVE THAT!

Unfortunately, sporadically, it won't do that. Sometimes it will just turn off when I turn off the ignition.

Is it a fuse or something? How so I make the radio stay on until I open the doors consistently!?

Thanks,

ezt
I have no clue what that would be but i would start with the fuses in your car. If it is still happening it could be a very stupid electrical problem or bad connection somewhere goodluck. It is a great feature.

·
Registered
137 Posts
fuzzy4dice said:
Guys (and gals),

Thanks,

ezt
as info it should only work for about 10 minutes before it will fo off along with other accessories.
charlie

·
Registered
974 Posts
The feature you are referring to is Retained Accessory Power. You should also be able to operate the power windows and factory sunroof (if equipped) for up to 10 minutes after you turn off the ignition or until any one of the doors are opened. If you don't have power when you turn the igntion off, you probably need a new RAPIE module that mounts in the trunk, behind the rear seat.

Max

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Maximln