Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received new Sachs front shocks for my 04 luxo sport, but the spring pads are upside down. Can I change these myselft, or were they manufactured incorrectly. The new shock is on the left, compared to an OE shock from my car.

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Are they welded on like the old style FE3's I had on my '03? On the CTS V FE4's, there is a c-clip in a groove on the shock that holds it from sliding down. If it's like the FE4s, you should be able to flip them easily. If they're welded, you need to send them back. I'd include the picture to explain what's wrong with them.

I just received new Sachs front shocks for my 04 luxo sport, but the spring pads are upside down. Can I change these myselft, or were they manufactured incorrectly. The new shock is on the left, compared to an OE shock from my car.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They do have c-clips and they are not welded, but the spring pads will not fit over either end of the shock to flip them. Unless there is a secret to remove the top of the shock to flip them I will have to send them back. I e-mailed gmpartsdirect on Friday and included a picture, but no response yet.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
Cadillac cts sport 3.6
2 Posts
i have the same problem with mine,but it was on warranty so the dealer received two bad shock like youre so they have to reordered it so i have to wait

1 - 4 of 4 Posts